Film Finance Technical Project Manager
NBCUniversal, Universal City, California
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Marketing, Finance & Strategic Planning team is part of the Film &TV Studios Technical Operations Division. With a growing suite of Essbase and SAP based FP&A applications, the Film Finance portfolio is experiencing continued investment and growth, and is home to some of the best in class studio accounting information systems.
The Technical PM works across business and IT teams and performs all aspects of technical project management, functional and technical tasks in order to build and maintain the financial systems and deliver projects.
The Technical PM will be responsible for supporting the solution delivery lifecycle for the suite of FP&A applications under the direction of the Film Finance IT Director. The primary application this role will support is the SAP BPC Model (“ECLIPSE”) which is the primary tool Film Finance HQ uses for FP&A activities. The PM will lead all change management activities to support the successful business adoption of new IT solutions. This role requires a strong understanding of film finance/accounting-based principles and proven experience supporting financial based EPM applications. The Technical PM will leverage established NBCU processes, methodologies and associated practices, while carrying out their responsibilities.
- Collaborate with SAP COE, technical, and operational teams to determine business and technical requirements for system enhancements and defect resolution
- Create detailed project schedules/plans, test plans, risk plans, communication plans, scope statements, etc. using generally accepted technical project management processes and tools
- Provide hands-on functional support and troubleshooting, as needed, as part of production support for existing solutions
- Conduct hands-on systems requirements analysis to capture, define, document and clarify user requests
- Develop resource plans by working with analysts/developers to ensure appropriate resources are in place throughout each project
- Coordinate project deliverables with analyst/consultant/off-shore resources to ensure team is on track and communicate progress to all stakeholders in an organized and formal manner
- Incorporate quality control processes into each project and coordinate QA, load testing and User Acceptance Testing
- Proactively build engagement with business and technology partners to elevate subject matter expertise and enable business value through technology to provide quarter/month close and reporting support to key users
- Work with IT Leadership and business stakeholders to develop a roadmap and implementation plan to introduce Business Intelligence tools to the existing reporting structure
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or Computer-related degree
- 6+ years of proven technical project management skills managing multiple large-scale projects
- Strong technical proficiency with demonstrable knowledge of SAP products including SAP BPC, SAP ECC, SAP HANA, SAP BW, AOE
- Hands on experience with Project Management Software (i.e. JIRA, MS Project)
- Strong knowledge of modern software development methodologies (i.e. agile, waterfall)
- Skilled in designing financial reports and financial business scenarios/modelling in Business Intelligence tools (i.e. SAC, Power BI, Tableau)
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Sharepoint)
- Experience with application development and production support
- Demonstrated strength in managing systems efforts with cross-functional teams & concurrent deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the Media & Entertainment business
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
See jobs at Bluecore