Media Operations Technician - International QC
NBCUniversal, Centennial, Colorado
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Work with a highly motivated team of individuals who are responsible for the fulfillment of media content to NBCUniversal’s distribution outlets, including its cable networks, owned television stations and online destinations. A QC Technician must perform quality control of content for International distribution using several technical processes & technologies.
• Perform quality control of all digital media for International distribution.
• QC all content for distribution - Ensure technical specifications for all encoded and transcoded files including foreign languages with the expectation of making zero errors or defects.
• Perform segmentation of syndicated file deliveries and live video feeds for quick turn broadcast.
• Learn and perform all media prep processes in the Media Operations Center & any additional processes that are created in the future.
• Provide delivery support of digital media to internal departments, international needs and external partnerships
• Troubleshoot basic problems and issues in the media prep workflow following escalation procedure and maintaining client communication.
• Occasionally provide documentation regarding workflow Standard Operating Procedures.
• Additional duties as needed and assigned by Supervisor(s).
- 1+ year of experience in a production, post production, broadcast, or communications environment
- 2+ years of experience in a job or school related activity using computers and software applications including MS outlook, MS Word, & MS Excel
- Knowledge of various media formats/file types (QT, WMV, MXF, DNX, DV, etc) and video standards (NTSC, PAL)
- Basic understanding of digital video/audio including compression codecs, file systems, file transfer applications and Content Distribution Management (FTP, Pitch Blue, Pathfire, etc.)
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Must be willing to work in Centennial, CO
- Bachelors or 2 year degree in Communications or Media
- Experience in international broadcast operations or media especially in a quality control capacity
- A team player, who is always respectful, follows rules and policy, has good communication skills, and maintains a positive attitude
- A punctual, hardworking, disciplined, and dependable individual
- Experience in a fast paced, quick turn and/or live broadcast environment
- Fluency or intermediate understanding of other languages
- Understanding of international files standards & frame rates
- 2+ years of experience in the multi-channel broadcast facility doing content-prep and quality-control work
- Professional experience with SD & HD file formats and specifications
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits including: medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Hourly rate: $21.00/hour
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.