Software Engineer (Java/AWS)
NBCUniversal, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The developer is responsible for the design and implementation of algorithms in line with product requirements from stakeholders (users, product, engineers, and business leadership). We have a collaborative environment and a distributed team, so we need someone who is conscientious, energetic, and passionate. We drive the process through Agile/Scrum principles.
- Must write efficient and scalable code
- Collaborating through peer reviews
- Provide scalable services following a microservice architecture
- Provide testing and deployment support
- Practical application experience with CI/CD
- Integration test automation products (Selenium, etc.)
- Troubleshooting, debugging, maintaining, and improving new or existing software
- A proactive approach to guide user expectations
- Developing technical documentation to guide future software development projects
- Commitment to standards with close attention to detail, corner cases
- Documents work and create visuals when needed
- Effectively communicate with team members and stakeholders
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent relevant work experience)
• 3 years of relevant work experience in extensive coding situations
• Experience in Java, versioning control, data structures, Unit testing, and code coverage
• React/Angular experience
• Practiced ground up integrating with and creating new services
• Experience developing containerized services using Docker and Kubernetes
• Familiarity with Microservice and Cloud architecture
• Experience with Relational and NoSQL databases
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Self-motivated & accountable, with a high level of commitment to responsibility
• Must be experienced working in Agile/Scrum environments
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• You must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
• Located in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
• Be process-oriented and able to apply structure to complex problems
• Experience working with remote team members
• A natural problem solver
• Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment
• Fluent in Agile & Dev Ops process
• Experience in Media & Entertainment environment
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid