Staff Engineer-SportsNet New York
NBCUniversal, New York, New York
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
This position is responsible for maintaining equipment & technical standards at a production and newsroom facility. This is a project-based position that is expected to last until May 2023.
- Support multiple daily live studio productions
- Act as quality control for incoming/outgoing news & game feeds
- Perform emergency & preventative maintenance on studio, control room, and newsroom equipment
- Design and integrate capital improvement projects
- Perform other studio and remote production related duties as required and assigned
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years professional broadcast engineering experience in a live studio production facility
- Experience with Avid editing systems desired
- Experience with Vizrt graphics, SSL audio, Grass Valley switchers, Ross robotics, Production automation, Evertz routing, monitoring and control, and RTS Telex intercoms required
- Knowledge of IP/LAN infrastructures required
- Position requires non-traditional working day and hours
- Occasional travel is anticipated for remote productions and maintenance
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume / CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
- It is the policy of SNY to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to
- race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
SNY is an Emmy Award winning regional sports content creator with both linear television and digital platform distribution. SNY provides unparalleled and exclusive coverage of the New York Mets, New York Jets, UCONN Women’s Basketball and all things New York sports. As New York's leader in local sports coverage, SNY delivers the most comprehensive access to all the Tri-State area's professional and collegiate sports teams through exclusive live games, nightly sports programs, and original entertainment. The linear network serves approximately nine million homes throughout New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, and northeastern Pennsylvania, and nationally through select providers. SNY also distributes up-to-the-minute New York sports news and exclusive series digitally at SNY.tv, and through its social channels on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.