Data Scientist, Forecasting - Fandango
NBCUniversal, Beverly Hills, California
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Own insight creation and delivery (in collaboration with the team); the data scientist will drive the engagement model with stakeholders, lead business problem definition and hypotheses formulation, develop clarity for solution design to support business decisions and outcomes
- Apply causal model to show cause-effect relationship between various revenue drivers and top-line revenue
- Ability to improve existing revenue forecast models to reflect changes in the business i.e impact of COVID-19, impact of changing theatrical movie window, launch of new streaming services etc.
- Apply a diverse set of tactics including statistics, quantitative reasoning, and machine learning, to solve problems as well as independently research and produce actionable insights
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• 2+ yrs of experience as a data scientist
• Strong coding skill in Python and SQL
• Solid understanding of various regression models with pros/cons of each (ARIMA, Prophet, XGboost etc)
• Experience using AWS technologies such as Redshift, S3, Sagemaker etc.
• Real-world experience forecasting a complex business
• Combination of technical skills and business savvy to interface with all levels and disciplines across the organization
• Experience collaborating with software engineers and data scientists
• Experience with PySpark, Hadoop, Yarn, and other big data technologies
• Experience with uplift modeling/Causal inference is a huge plus
• Familiar with software build, release, deployment and monitoring tools and practices
• Experience working in an agile/scrum environment
At Fandango, we love movies. From showtimes and ticketing, to engaging content and innovations in movie going- we strive to deliver the perfect movie going experience—anytime, anywhere. And to be the go-to destination for moviegoers, we think it’s all about collaboration. Anyone can build a website or app, but it takes a special group across many disciplines to create an experience that can live across multiple platforms and connected devices. Thanks to an exceptional team, we’re working hard to make Fandango a little bit better every day. Our 30 million (and growing!) online and mobile monthly visitors can now buy movie tickets at over 25,000 screens nationwide and stay for exclusive trailers, our award-winning original video series, movie reviews, celebrity interviews and more. So, if you’re looking to inspire, be inspired and work at the intersection of entertainment and technology look no further than Fandango. Visit Fandango.com/careers for a behind-the-scenes look at Fandango and follow us on LinkedIn for the latest news and updates. Fandango is an NBCUniversal Company.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
Tech Jobs For You
Business Systems Manager - Quote to Order
Cloudflare, San Francisco or Austin or Chicago or Los Angeles or Miam...