Director, Business Analytics - Fandango
NBCUniversal, Beverly Hills, California
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Prioritize key short, midterm and long term projects that add value to the business.
- Lead a team that performs exploratory analysis to identify user problems and opportunities, validate, size, and assess proposed solutions’ expected impact.
- Perform experiment results analysis, applying statistical signiﬁcance calculations to metrics and conﬁdence intervals, extrapolating results to assess the business impact
- Effectively decompose ambiguous business problems, identify & normalize noise in the analysis, offer creative proxy metrics if the perfect metric is unavailable.
- Direct team to deliver ever-deeper and more sophisticated analyses by partnering with Research, Web analytics and other internal resources to holistically illuminate an area of interest on behalf of stakeholders
• 7+ years in management Consulting/banking/Biz Ops or analytics roles in Tech
• 3+ years with people management experience
• Hands-on experience in SQL and statistical analysis (A/B testing etc)
• Grit + Highly Inquisitive/Curious: You want to know the "why" for everything. This team will constantly answer "why". Why are certain things happening in the business? Is it good? Is it bad? This will require quiet due diligence, several iterations of analyses and conversations, and eventually a recommendation. This will require the grit to get your hands dirty in analyses that may not prove to be valuable in the pursuit of "why"
• Track record of taking extreme ownership in driving to decisions and outcomes.
• Excellent communication skills, including framing complex information into content that is simple to understand.
• Experience using AWS technologies such as Redshift, S3, etc.
• Experience with Looker is a plus
• Familiar with software build, release, deployment and monitoring tools and practices
• Experience working in an agile/scrum environment
At Fandango, we love movies. From showtimes and ticketing, to engaging content and innovations in movie going- we strive to deliver the perfect movie going experience—anytime, anywhere. And to be the go-to destination for moviegoers, we think it’s all about collaboration. Anyone can build a website or app, but it takes a special group across many disciplines to create an experience that can live across multiple platforms and connected devices. Thanks to an exceptional team, we’re working hard to make Fandango a little bit better every day. Our 30 million (and growing!) online and mobile monthly visitors can now buy movie tickets at over 25,000 screens nationwide and stay for exclusive trailers, our award-winning original video series, movie reviews, celebrity interviews and more. So, if you’re looking to inspire, be inspired and work at the intersection of entertainment and technology look no further than Fandango. Visit Fandango.com/careers for a behind-the-scenes look at Fandango and follow us on LinkedIn for the latest news and updates. Fandango is an NBCUniversal Company.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
The best bed for better sleep