Engineering Manager, Intranet Solutions
NBCUniversal, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The solutions span across a portfolio of applications including CMS sites, SharePoint Online, workflow systems, mobile first employee experience, and end user support. This technical leadership role is expected to provide an engineering mindset to system administration topics elevating the availability, reliability, and security of solutions while reducing operational costs.
Specific solutions include:
- Managing corporate intranet and web applications for HR, Legal and Finance departments
- Design and maintain the Content Management Systems such as Drupal
- Expertise in SharePoint and PowerApps platform
- Cloud based hosting for mission critical applications (AWS & Azure)
- Front-end development using frameworks as NextJS, AngularJS or ReactJS
- Video streaming solutions for Live events and on-demand
- Expertise in mobile first design, microservices based architecture
- Manage enterprise-wide communication tools (Campaign Monitor/Emma/Attendease)
Key Responsibilities include:
- Conduct operations and engineering review with site reliability engineers and product manager.
- Manage and Mentor a team of highly skilled software professionals.
- Review backlog and initiatives to evaluate trade studies, approve solution designs, and maintain the overall workplace system architecture.
- Review and sign off technical solutions developed by the technology engineering & architecture team based on feasibility, meeting business requirements and budgetary targets.
- Contribute to and respond to code and architecture reviews as needed.
- Work closely with our development partners to define technical specifications based on conceptual design and business requirements.
- Review and approve standard operating procedures, system architecture diagrams, system design specification documents, etc.
- Review operational metrics, analyze trends on issues reported, take proactive steps to eliminate and reduce repetitive incidents
- Lead efforts to restore services at times of service disruption due to unforeseen outages / incidents for managed applications.
- Manage operational support 24/7 during special events organized for the enterprise – Live Stream of all employee townhalls to the whole organization.
• 12+ years of experience building, deploying, and supporting large scale enterprise applications and services
• Experience with Cloud Services AWS, Microsoft Azure
• Experience with SharePoint online, PowerApps, and Power Automate
• Understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture, XML, SOAP, REST, JSON, and other Web Services technologies
• Understanding of NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB/CosmosDB/MongoDB.
• Experience collaborating with the stakeholders and presenting the architectural solution and wireframes
• Familiarity with cloud-native development, scrum processes, and modern devops practices
• Skilled in providing technical leadership and architectural guidance
• Bachelor’s degree in computer-related field preferred
Desired characteristics include:
• Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally to stakeholders and Engineers
• Ability to build effective cross-functional relationships in support of delivering enterprise-wide solutions
• Ability to execute within a fast-paced agile process
• Passionate about collaboration, shared responsibility, and DevOps culture
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one