NBCUniversal, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
• You should understand and be able to explain common threats to common technology/architecture components including: web & software applications, microservices, containers, orchestration platforms, common operating systems, CI/CD pipelines, auth systems, serverless computing, data stores, and networks/IaaS. You should be experienced in securing one or more and be able to research the others and make recommendations.
• You should possess strong written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to discuss the what and why of complex technical concepts at various levels.
• You should be able to map identified threats to industry frameworks and apply NBCU’s controls appropriately. You should be well-versed in at least one framework, like Mitre ATT&CK. You should understand the most common industry-standard security controls, be able to learn NBCU’s current security stack, and be aware of newer, next-gen controls.
• You should have empathy for customers and engineers when designing security requirements. You should be able to recommend security measures that are operationally feasible, but also keep our customers safe and allow the product to rapidly evolve.
• As a senior security engineer, you should feel comfortable reviewing the work of junior engineers and be able to provide constructive, respectful feedback to improve their recommendations. You should be able to mentor and provide advice to junior engineers.
• Experience securing streaming technologies and/or media workflows
• Experience creating threat models and documenting security requirements and recommendations
• Experience in large-scale, multi-tenant, highly available environments
• Experience with cloud-based application development and hosting & understanding of threats to cloud-based and SaaS systems and architectures.
• Experience with secrets management best practices and one or more key management system tools
• Understanding of end-to-end secure development methodologies and have expertise in one or more tools/methods used to identify security flaws in applications including: Code Reviews, SAST, DAST, and/or Penetration Testing tools.
A degree is not required, but you should have strong combined experience and education in a technical, defensive, cybersecurity role (i.e: cybersecurity engineer, architect, etc).
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.