Vice President, Software Engineering
NBCUniversal, New York, New York
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
In this role you will become a part of the technology leadership team and will be responsible for the successful and sustainable expansion and creation of engineering organizational culture.
The successful candidate will be passionate about technology and automation. You will take pride in enabling agile product delivery, working closely with stakeholders to lead troubleshooting in the case of production issues, proactively ensuring monitoring and alerting are in place.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead, inspire and optimize a growing team of technologists responsible for building highly available, resilient, and scalable applications
- Drive critical engineering operations such as recruiting, training, budgeting, and onboarding
- Drive technical vision and strategy
- Drive a culture of operational excellence through automation and engineering standards
- Develop strong relationships with stakeholders across Peacock business and technology
- Provide guidance and mentorship to managers and individual contributors on the team
- Be a thoughtful leader driving both technical and business priorities and roadmaps
- Grow the team by attracting diverse talent that can push technical boundaries
- Mentor individuals to embrace diversity and help build an inclusive and flexible workplace
• Minimum 10 years of managing a team of engineers delivering highly available applications and infrastructure solutions
• Minimum 8 years of experience with database design, modern distributed applications, and microservices
• Demonstrated success in running highly available production systems within a complex technology environment
• In-depth knowledge of engineering practices and architecture/design
• Proven team leadership skills - your management skills and technical depth allow you to develop and mentor others and build credibility with your team, while executing broader engineering strategies
• Familiarity with industry standard development tools, workflows, and agile practices
• Ability to integrate into a large agile development project and manage rapid development cycles
• Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
• Interest in promoting an inclusive team culture where engineers of diverse backgrounds can grow
• Innovative and flexible thinker, comfortable suggesting solutions and willing to take risks
• Committed to quality in every assignment, large or small
• Transparency, selflessness and authenticity
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture. We’re growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Tech Jobs For You
Senior Engineer, Backend (Drivers League)
Spot Hero, Chicago, IL, United States, Toronto, Ontario, Canada