Mastering Supervisor, Content Preservation
NBCUniversal, Universal City, California
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Mastering Supervisor reports to the Manager of Restoration and Preservation which is a group within GMO Content Management. Content Restoration and Preservation oversees the creation of archival assets for Restored and Preserved content from NBCUniversal’s 108-year-old film library. This individual will be responsible for overseeing mastering projects for Preservation projects from our feature library. The Mastering Supervisor partners with internal and external post-facilities as well as with Coordinators and support personnel to determine the best processes and elements to use for preservation.
The role is responsible for ensuring that the mastering process produces content that meets technical specifications while maintaining proper aesthetic look. The position requires a deep understanding of the post and mastering process, strong technical knowledge and interpersonal skills. The Mastering Supervisor plays a critical role in the in mastering of the Company’s content.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical and process oversight for the creation of elements
- Perform element evaluation to determine best elements to use
- Screen elements to determine best source
- Develop, collaborate and execute projects within teams across the organization
- Oversee color correction and additional processes to ensure technical and creative standards are met
- Verify newly created archival elements and delivery of such elements meet technical standards from start to finish and compile reports of issues
- Review rejections and advise coordinators and manager as to any issues identified and resolution options
- Act as technical expert in addressing questions and issues
- QC scans and deliverable files to quality
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years industry related experience.
- Expertise 4K restoration and HD mastering.
- Effective problem solver able to assess and adapt to changing priorities and strategies.
- A thorough knowledge of film, video and file elements, workflows and technologies.
- QC experience preferred.
- Ability to work without supervision and handle heavy workload.
- Ability to find solutions to complex problems.
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA and willing to travel to greater Los Angeles area as well as travel within the United States and potentially abroad.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under aggressive deadlines to meet project commitments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to assess, identify and implement best practices.
- Ability to manage budgets and timelines.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
The project management platform built for software development teams