NBCUniversal, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Must be Customer driven and comfortable in 24/7/365 environment.
- Responsible for installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing broadcast equipment.
- Maintain, support, troubleshooting and upgrades of Studio, Control Room and Distribution technologies including IP/SDI router (GVG); Intercom system (ClearCom); Switchers (Ross); Audio System (LAWO); Robotic camera system (Ross); Video Encoding (Harmonic) and associated equipment and technologies.
- Maintain, support & troubleshooting of on-air systems, QOS, continuity, confirm all systems meet ATSC specifications for Over-the-Air and Cable providers.
- Documentation (AutoCAD), SOP’s and upkeep of maintenance logs and databases.
- Solid working knowledge of an IP video and audio facility and workflow.
- Works well under pressure in order to rectify technical faults in a timely manner.
- Works well within a team but also works efficiently independently
- Undertake Projects as assigned and ensure on-time delivery.
- Working with Vendors on projects and troubleshooting.
- Well-organized, self-motivated and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be solution-oriented, proactive, and willing to dig to find a sound resolution.
- Must be able to act with urgency, immediacy, and make appropriate decisions.
- Degree in Engineering or 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in a similar role within a TV Station, ISP, media company, systems integrator or other relevant industry.
- Experience working in News very desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of computer-based technologies within a Broadcast environment.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills with ability to interface with all levels of management & user community.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to lift equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
Additional Job Requirements
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.