Technical Business Analyst - Fandango
NBCUniversal, Beverly Hills, California
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
And to be the go-to destination for moviegoers, we think it’s all about collaboration. Anyone can build a website or app, but it takes a special group across many disciplines to create an experience that can live in multiple platforms and connected devices. Thanks to an exceptional team, we’re working hard to make Fandango a little bit better every day. So, if you’re looking to inspire, be inspired and work at the intersection of entertainment and technology look no further than Fandango.
Fandango is seeking a Technical Business Analyst to research and troubleshoot various business platforms and recommend best practice solutions and strategies for process and product improvement. The position will play a key supporting role and work closely with Development teams, Data Engineering, Commerce, Customer Service, Analytics & Finance, IT Operations and Compliance. While analyzing technical challenges, you may utilize established development tools and technologies, including but not limited to SQL, AWS, DynamoDB, Python, Looker and Java. The Technical Business Analyst will be able to work unsupervised, operating as a key contributor to problem resolution. Results of analysis will be gathered and documented, reporting to senior management and product stakeholders. The position will be working in a continuous delivery environment.
A successful candidate will be self-sufficient, have a strong analytical mindset, excellent troubleshooting skills, a thorough knowledge of databases, and a passion for customer focus and software.
- Analysis and understanding of Fandango’s commerce and customer service systems utilized by different business units.
- Analysis and understanding of information flows and data transformation.
- Apply your technical expertise in data-mining and troubleshooting to derive actionable insights for process and product improvements.
- Capturing thorough data requirements for projects assigned, validation of complete end to end testing.
- Work closely with product managers, engineers and business stakeholders to deliver solutions.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams to learn and apply best practices and always strive for high quality deliverables.
- Think and work independently, demonstrate creativity to help deliver quick and actionable results.
- Ability to work with large datasets and business intelligence tools (Big Data query tools a plus).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Gather and report findings to product stakeholders.
- Report metrics for recommended solutions to decision makers, justifying ROI.
• 3-5 years of experience working with databases, preferably MS SQL, Redshift, Postgres, Cassandra and DynamoDB.
• Good understanding of PCI/PII scope and security concerns related to online payments and personally identifiable information.
• Strong customer service and communication skills (verbal and written) to effectively interact with a diverse team of people across business and engineering.
• Strong understanding of Agile software development life cycle.
• Experience working with Jira and Confluence.
• Provide expertise on reliability and performance challenges that you've conquered in the past.
• Thrive in a rapid development environment with an intense focus on quality.
• Be a strong team player and work well within a diverse, cross-functional team.
• Self-motivated and independent – a self-starter who can pick things up quickly.
• A curiosity and interest with the latest technologies.
• Always provide positive solutions to the problem.
• Feel strong ownership of the tasks, user stories and projects that are assigned with “I want to see it is working in production” attitude.
• Passionate about producing scalable software solutions and providing excellent customer service.
At Fandango, we love movies. From showtimes and ticketing, to engaging content and innovations in movie going- we strive to deliver the perfect movie going experience—anytime, anywhere. And to be the go-to destination for moviegoers, we think it’s all about collaboration. Anyone can build a website or app, but it takes a special group across many disciplines to create an experience that can live across multiple platforms and connected devices. Thanks to an exceptional team, we’re working hard to make Fandango a little bit better every day. Our 30 million (and growing!) online and mobile monthly visitors can now buy movie tickets at over 25,000 screens nationwide and stay for exclusive trailers, our award-winning original video series, movie reviews, celebrity interviews and more. So, if you’re looking to inspire, be inspired and work at the intersection of entertainment and technology look no further than Fandango. Visit Fandango.com/careers for a behind-the-scenes look at Fandango and follow us on LinkedIn for the latest news and updates. Fandango is an NBCUniversal Company.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!