BI Engineer I, Fandango
NBCUniversal, Beverly Hills, California
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Drive and participate in the definition, the direction, and the development of the BI Reporting Platform.
- Work with internal stakeholders to create the requirements and technical design of the BI Reporting Platform and related intelligence tools.
- Work with business owners, analysts, product managers, and data engineers to implement visual, actionable reports that meet quality and performance requirements.
- Develop, maintain, update and support reports and their underlying datasets based on feedback and business changes.
- Drive and contribute to every phase of the report development life cycle (design, development, testing, iteration, deployment).
- Recognize and implement best practices in reporting: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Educate and train business owners on BI intelligence tools and reports.
- Support internal stakeholders with ad-hoc requests and reports.
- Develop and drive the adoption of self-service BI tools and solutions. Find opportunities to innovate and lead the way.
• 3 years of relevant experience in the Business Intelligence realm, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques, and related technologies.
• Strong experience developing reports, charts, dashboards in a major BI reporting technology (Tableau, Looker, etc.).
• Knowledge and expertise with SQL and Relational & Multi-dimensional Databases. Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts.
• Experience designing data models for existing and new pipelines.
• Experience with designing ETL jobs using tools like Talend to bring in new datasets as well as transform existing datasources.
• Experience in data mining and developing SQL-based ETL processes for large-scale, complex datasets.
• Proven track record working on distributed, scalable, service-oriented platforms. Proven ability to develop and deliver high quality, testable, production ready reports.
• Expert understanding of the agile software development life cycle.
• Experience with distributed data architectures and their eco-systems, namely Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark, EMR, etc.
• Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Redshift in an enterprise environment is a plus.
• Strong customer service and communication skills (verbal and written) to effectively interact with a diverse team of people across business and engineering.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, a quantitative concentration or equivalent.
• Willingness and self-initiative to dig into technical concepts related to the Reporting Platform.
• Proactive in improving reporting, analysis, and BI development and deployment processes.
• Self-initiative to stay on top of the latest innovations in data and BI technologies to inform the features and functionality of the Reporting Platform.
At Fandango, we love movies. From showtimes and ticketing, to engaging content and innovations in movie going- we strive to deliver the perfect movie going experience—anytime, anywhere. And to be the go-to destination for moviegoers, we think it’s all about collaboration. Anyone can build a website or app, but it takes a special group across many disciplines to create an experience that can live across multiple platforms and connected devices. Thanks to an exceptional team, we’re working hard to make Fandango a little bit better every day. Our 30 million (and growing!) online and mobile monthly visitors can now buy movie tickets at over 25,000 screens nationwide and stay for exclusive trailers, our award-winning original video series, movie reviews, celebrity interviews and more. So, if you’re looking to inspire, be inspired and work at the intersection of entertainment and technology look no further than Fandango. Visit Fandango.com/careers for a behind-the-scenes look at Fandango and follow us on LinkedIn for the latest news and updates. Fandango is an NBCUniversal Company.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
The best bed for better sleep
Tech Jobs For You
Customer Centric Engineer (Staff / Principal)
Okta, Sydney, Australia; Melbourne, Australia; Brisbane, Austra...