Salesforce Solution Architect
NBCUniversal, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Salesforce Technology Partners Solution Architect is the first point of contact for business and technology personnel across the enterprise at NBCUniversal. The Solution Architect will provide operational management support and supervise Salesforce incident/maintenance activities, as well as prioritize daily activities of the team and manage quality and prioritization on critical and high priority tickets. The Solution Architect also will manage small initiatives and/or manage larger projects from a technical perspective, depending on demands across the portfolio.
- Manage operations and development across multiple Salesforce implementations, engaging with business technologist in multiple business areas
- Act as scrum master across portfolios, grooming work items and providing direction to developers to orchestrate the throughput needed to address evolving business needs
- Ensure customer service requests (tickets) are in a handled timely and complete
- Orchestrate activities for Salesforce developers, mostly located at offshore (schedule flexibility required)
- Handle problem resolution and critical response circumstances, reactively as well as proactively by monitoring instances and heading off risks before they become issues
- Partner with business technologists and engagement managers to prioritize and expedite fixes and feature delivery as needed
- Configure fixes in hands-on mode as warranted
- Support ongoing Salesforce administration, generally by working with business admins but with ability to pinch hit when required
- Perform root cause analysis on major problems and recurring issues
- Analyze existing custom applications in the Sales force Platform utilizing custom objects, Apex classes, triggers, Visual Force pages, Lightning components, and SOQL.
- Work with business users to gather complete requirements and ensure that tickets are Dev ready for the production support team.
- Utilize Data Loader or other ETL tools to insert/update data from ancillary applications
•Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
•Salesforce Administrator Certification preferred
•3+ years of experience working on the Salesforce Platform
•5+ years of experience working as an IT professional
•Strong interpersonal skills to facilitate communication and inclusion amongst teammates
•Strong problem-solving skills matched with the ability to articulate solutions to other team members
•Excellent and clear written communication skills to facilitate understanding of tasks by the offshore team
•Ability to work in a highly collaborative Agile environment, with multiple development teams
•Familiarity with Jira or another similar Agile Sprint management tool
•Experience on other Relational Database Management Systems
•Experience on other Relational Database Management Systems such as SQL Server and Teradata
•Some experience in other web-based technologies such as J2EE or .Net
•Experience managing or designing integrations
•Knowledge of TIBCO Business works, XML, and XPath to evaluate existing interface logic in the TIBCO platform
•Familiarity with GIT, Urban Code, or some other software deployment software that utilizes Ant and allows reading of XML metadata
•Familiarity with Informatica for transforming and loading data
•Familiarity with Salesforce platform third party applications such as SpringCM, Grid buddy, or Process Composer
•Media & Entertainment experience desired, but not essential
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.