Business Technology Manager, Marketing Production & Distribution Tech
NBCUniversal, Universal City, California
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
This role requires partnership across all teams to establish and support business processes, gather requirements, document needs, capture value stories, and manage projects. A strong understanding of business analysis, project management, and business transformation are imperative in this role. A successful candidate will have a strong analytical mindset, excellent troubleshooting skills, and a passion for customer focus and software.
The individual contributor Manager will be able to work unsupervised and keep their direct manager, the Director of Marketing Production and Distribution Technology aware of pertinent updates, blockers, and beyond.
- Primary business technology point of contact for Press and Publicity stakeholders with the inclusive mindset about learning from and sharing with our other brands and colleagues
- Establish multi-year technology priorities with all business stakeholders’ input and support
- Capture and manage current state business process maps
- Define future state business processes maps and transformation plan from current to future
- Create and manage functional requirements for product enhancements and projects
- Define, quantify, and realize the value story for all product enhancements and projects
- Manage business demos and user acceptance testing
- Manage and communicate project statuses to all stakeholders
- Manage and align product taxonomies to current/future business needs
- Communicate notable releases/features to relevant business partners
- Ensure effective and open communication with all business partners to enable project work and ensure we meet the business needs and requirements
- Communicate efficiently with non-technical users
- Work in a matrix organization with peer Product Management, Engineering, Content Operations, Program Management, and Portfolio Management teams
- Think and work independently, demonstrate creativity to help deliver quick and actionable results
- Provide occasional off-hours support address outages, special events, and pressing system issues
• Minimum of 5 years previous relevant work experience; ideally with experience in project management, business analysis, marketing strategy, business relationship management, or content production at a large network/publisher/agency
• Minimum of 4 years of client-facing project management or business analysis experience
• Strong Analytical & Problem-Solving Skills
• Demonstrated requirements analysis and delivery (i.e. conducting user interviews, documenting requirements, confirming requirements and implementing the solution).
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), presentation and analysis skills
• Motivated, self-starter, independent, results oriented and professional
• Collaborative team player who is accustomed to working with many different people
• Energetic and a people person with high emotional intelligence
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements, including the ability to juggle multiple competing priorities and deadlines
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a CV/resume through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, CA upon return to office
• Must have the ability to travel to other NBCU offices, such as New York and London, as needed
• Experience in US Media & Entertainment industry
• Experience with products like Airtable, Campaign Monitor, DAMs, MAMs, Adobe Experience Manager, and/or Adobe Creative Cloud
• Quality Trained (PMP or Six Sigma Black Belt Certification)
• Ability to think creatively to come up with new solutions
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.