NBCUniversal, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The NBCU Local Business and Media Manager provides strategic/tactical leadership and oversight for creating, sustaining, implementing, and driving efficient and effective technical initiatives and processes in support of business objectives. He/she will collaborate with leaders and stakeholders from both the NBCU Local Technology and Operations division as well as the functional areas to ensure proper coordination and execution of activities related to the delivery of technology projects. They are responsible for overseeing multiple functional areas, including supporting technology rollouts from initiation to project closure; managing governance around technology processes; supporting issue escalations; and reporting tools across NBCU Local.
- Support the management and deployment of multiple technology initiatives
- Partner with business functions to support project intake, vetting and prioritization within each business area
- Provide consistent and effective operational metrics, scorecards, and reports
- Collaborate with leadership on analysis of in-flight and proposed projects
- Facilitate and support coordination technology efforts that span across NBCU Local
- Serve as the point of escalation for technology issues, business requirements, and technology projects for stakeholders or requestors
- Support the development and facilitation of technology training, initiatives and workshops
- Coach and mentor technology teams within the areas of support as needed
- Promote IT framework, governance, and processes improvement, where applicable
- Build, deploy and maintain media and business workflow systems
- Responsible for portfolio, product and project management of key business and technology initiatives
- Responsible for vendor management & product portfolio prioritization of system features
- Work closely with key business stakeholders & peers to understand & document business requirements, strategies and needs
- Cross-functional engagement of internal and external partners to execute on business objectives
- Establish strong business relationships across NBCU Local
- Responsible for budget management, release management and controllership
- Ensure operational excellence and identify process improvement initiatives
- Effectively engage with the NBCU Local community and implement solutions to improve customer experience
- Customer and process oriented
- Results oriented with projects and programs
- Collaborative, team player
- Excellent communication skills… Listening, presenting, facilitating… across functions + levels, both internal + external to NBCU
- Ability to prioritize effectively + manage multiple deliverables
- Proactive, self-motived; pro-actively identifies opportunities for improvement
- Highly responsive in times of system/process failure; addresses issues timely, and brings them to appropriate resolution/closure
- Can-do attitude
- Change agent
- Detail oriented
- Customer focused
• B.S. degree in Information Technology, Audio Engineering, Television Production or related field.
• 5+ years of experience within Information Technology, Broadcast or Engineering
• 2+ years of experience as an IT Project Manager
• Knowledge of BI and analytics tools
• Experience leading teams and workgroups
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Miami or Orlando, FL
• 2+ years of experience with Broadcast/Production systems
• 2+ years Media/Entertainment Industry experience
• Bi-lingual (English & Spanish)
• Applications support and technical experience
• Knowledge of project management and collaboration tools such as JIRA, ServiceNow, Microsoft Project or other related technologies
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.