Senior Business Analyst
NBCUniversal, Universal City, California
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for supporting the solution delivery lifecycle for the suite of FP&A applications under the direction of the Film Finance IT Director. The primary application this role will support is the SAP BPC Model (“ECLIPSE”) which is the primary tool Film Finance HQ uses for FP&A activities. The analyst will lead all change management activities to support the successful business adoption of new IT solutions. This role requires a strong understanding of film finance/accounting-based principles and proven experience supporting financial based EPM applications. The Senior Business Analyst will leverage established NBCU processes, methodologies and associated practices, while carrying out his/her responsibilities.
- Act as a business liaison between IT and the Film Finance Business Community to understand business requirements for system updates and translate requests into functional design specifications
- Serve as the primary point of contact for regular production support activities including issue analysis, documentation & prioritization, defect management and testing.
- Independently conduct and drive business requirements & design related discussions and workshops
- Create design specifications using use case format, workflows, wireframes, modeling and related methods as needed
- Collaborate with technical teams to provide input on technical solutions and support end to end solution delivery
- Create & execute test scripts to support change request and defect verification including user acceptance testing support
- Build effective relationships within a matrixed organization with other IT teams, Controllership & Film Finance contacts within Business Units to support change request solution design & testing
- Create training documentation for new system enhancements and conduct user training sessions/demos to support knowledge transfer and user adoption of system updates
- Research and evaluate new technology tools to support larger scale system enhancements including but not limited to data visualization tools & data discovery and analysis platforms
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of IT experience performing business analysis
- 3+ years of IT experience supporting finance based applications and reporting systems, or similar accounting based financial systems
- Skilled in designing and documenting functional specifications for complex calculations, financial reports and financial business scenarios/modelling
- Self-starter that demonstrates initiative and the ability to work independently
- Proven experience completing assigned tasks on multiple projects with tight deadlines successfully
- Demonstrated track record of developing excellent relationship with key business partners and stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills able to identify flexible and forward thinking IT solutions
- Excellent written and oral communications – ability to communicate to all levels of the organization, both business and IT
- Strong understanding of IT project management SDLC processes and methodologies, such as Waterfall, Agile Scrum and associated best practices, leveraging tools such as JIR
- Experience using defect tracking and change management processes, metrics and tools
- Proficient using Microsoft Office
- Experience analyzing data and business metrics preferably in the Entertainment industry
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with Media/Entertainment
- Experience supporting FP&A Business Users & applications
- Prior experience supporting financial based ERP applications
- Prior experience with SAP BPC on HANA or Essbase system solutions a plus
- Experience with studio based accounting practices
- Experience with business intelligence and analytical tools
- Highly motivated to improve the skills and capabilities of his/her organization
- Passionate learner and follower of industry and technical trends
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
The best bed for better sleep