Project Manager, Analytics Technology
NBCUniversal, Universal City, California
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Film Marketing Project Manager is a key contact responsible for supporting the systems and technologies utilized by the Film Marketing & Strategy business community. This resource will be responsible for delivery across multiple Film Marketing & Strategy functions that support how analytics are managed, defined and implemented across IT for this business.
- Engage with a broad range of Film Marketing & Strategy business users to drive business requirements, analyze data and processes, and create work products that lead to the implementation of technical solutions
- Serve as the escalation point for the day-to-day operational activities across the landscape of applications utilized by the business
- Manage the prioritization and execution of enhancements and projects, including communication to key stakeholders and coordination of work effort within internal IT teams, and the business community
- Leads the application development and enhancement activities across the portfolio throughout all phases of the development lifecycle
- Help identify, plan, prioritize and assign project and support requests for the Film Marketing business
- Build and manage relationships with supporting IT teams within the matrixed organization in order to effectively deliver work products to production
- Review and approve the deliverables from these teams, providing feedback and expertise to ensure high quality work product
Manage Film Marketing Analytics projects in support of the Film business, these could include the following:
- Projects for implementing and/or developing new solutions, or enhancing existing systems
- Maintenance projects for technology upgrades, infrastructure migrations, etc.
- Partner and collaborative with the Filmed Entertainment – and broader Technology organizations to make improvements and resolve issues in support of the Film business
- Provide scope and estimates, and review proposals and statements of work as needed
- Understand IT industry and trends, emerging technologies and use them as needed to achieve project objectives
- Become Subject Matter Expert for Film Marketing Analytics, and the supporting Film Marketing, Finance and Strategic Planning Technology organization
- Provide technical ownership and representation for projects per the NBCU governance guidelines and methodologies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5 years of experience in project management using Agile methodologies.
- 4 years of experience in an IT functional role delivering work products for medium to large scale projects and applications
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to utilize technology to create innovative solutions
- Demonstrated experience with the digital marketing with familiarity of the formats, processes, and service providers within this market segment
- • Extensive experience gathering and documenting functional user requirements with a strong knowledge of structured IT analysis methodologies, including process flow definition and data flow diagramming
- Experience working in Data warehousing, Business Intelligence projects
- Knowledge of BI tools such as Tableau, Microstrategy, PowerBI
- Familiar with databases, relational and unstructured, SQL
- Expert in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate technical and business concepts with leadership teams, technical developers, and end-users
- Creative and original thinker who is highly self-motivated and has the ability to learn new technologies with a desire to have hands-on experience and an understanding of the business value that it provides
- Experience with the broader Film Theatrical media industry with and understanding of the digital landscape as well as the drivers influencing the consumer behaviors
- Experience with business intelligence and analytic tools
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work on assigned development tasks with minimal oversight, leveraging team members and resources as necessary
- Ability to work with minimal oversight toward aggressive deadlines and in high pressure situations
- Ability to work collaboratively with remote teams across varying time zones
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Minimalist makeup and skincare