Sr Software Engineer
NBCUniversal, Miami, Florida
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Build, test, review, and ship software for our platforms, including our suite of APIs and microservices, editorial tools, and web frontends
- Partner with other engineering teams (internal & external) to collaboratively develop our APIs, content management, and frontend systems
- Collaborate on the design of system architecture, data models, data flows, schemas, and API contracts
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and the newsroom to shape the products that we build
- Contribute to the selection and implementation of new architectures, technologies and methodologies in our group
- Work under the direct supervision of the Sr Director, Tech Ops & Software Eng and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by manager as needed.
• Minimum 4 years of equivalent work experience
• Proven experience with modern programming paradigms in production
• Prior experience or knowledge using Node.js, PHP and Go for backends
• Prior experience or knowledge using iOS Swift and Android Kotlin for phone apps
• Prior experience or knowledge using HTML and CSS/SASS & React
• Prior experience or knowledge using data stores such as DynamoDB, MongoDB, PostgresSQL
• Prior experience or knowledge using ElasticSearch for queries and Redis for caching
• Proven experience with version control, peer review, and other modern development practices
• Fluency in English (both written & verbal)
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area OR Must be willing to work remotely (80%) with occasional travel to office in Miami
• Willingness to travel with short notice and on weekends
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be willing to work flexible hours including late and/or last-minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment
• Must be available to work (whenever necessary for show production) early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Experience with other backend technologies like Python and Java desirable
• Experience with other frontend frameworks like Vue, Mithril, Angular and others desirable
• Experience working in the AWS ecosystem is highly desirable
• Experience working Drupal 7/8 highly desirable
• Demonstrate fluency in the core areas of technology (front-end, back-end, or across the stack) and be open to continued development
• User & product focused mentality with a focus on making products more insightful, delightful, performant and profitable
• Self-starter who exhibits ownership on assigned tasks and who will push for solutions that solve immediate problems while building towards long-term goals
• System thinker who understand not only how a code works and looks but also how it fits into the larger ecosystem of services
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, dead-line driven environment
• Accustomed to working in a team and collaborating with all levels within the organization
• Demonstrates strong attention to detail
• Ability to build rapport with clients and manage expectations
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.