Sr. Data Engineer
NBCUniversal, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Work on a small team of passionate data scientists and data engineers.
- Manage the day to day operations of running our Data Warehouse.
- Build data pipelines and ETLs for loading source system data into the data warehouse for further reporting and analysis.
- Assist in building scalable data models to support reporting and tracking of key business and product metrics.
- Build, analyze and manage reports and dashboards for business stakeholders.
- Help identify better practices, tools and relevant trends that can positively influence the data operations across the business.
• Experience with running and managing a Data Marts and Data Warehouse.
• Demonstrated understanding of data quality principles and practices.
• Experience with Business Intelligence technologies.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with business users and other developers.
• Creative thinker who can quickly develop innovative ideas across a wide variety of business functions.
• Experience with AWS, Python is required.
• Working experience in building Data Marts and Data Modeling.
• Deep Expereience and understanding of SQL (MySQL, Postgres, Redshift).
• Experience with any ETL (Airflow, Boomi) tools is required.
• Experience with frontend BI Tools is a must (such as Periscope, Sinense, Tableau).
• A minimum of 8 years of software engineering experience is required.
• It is necessary that you should have worked in the past with Finance Data.
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
• Must be willing to work in Minneapolis, MN
NBC Sports Next is where sports and technology intersect. We’re a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within our three groups: Youth & Recreational Sports; Golf; and Betting, Gaming & Emerging Media.
At NBC Sports Next, we make playing sports better through innovative technology and immersive experiences for athletes, coaches, players and fans. We equip more than 30MM players, coaches, athletes, sports administrators and fans in 40 countries with more than 25 sports solution products, including SportsEngine, the largest youth sports club, league and team management platform; GolfNow, the leading online tee time marketplace and provider of golf course operations technology; GolfPassthe ultimate golf membership that connects golfers to exclusive content, tee time credits, and coaching, tips; TeamUnify, swim team management services; GoMotion, sports and fitness business software solutions; and NBC Sports Edge, a leading platform for fantasy sports information and betting-focused tools.
At NBC Sports Next we’re fueled by our mission to innovate, create larger-than-life events and connect with sports fans through technology that provides the ultimate in immersive experiences.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact. https://corporate.comcast.com/values/diversity-equity-inclusion/our-impact"
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.