Engagement Manager, TV Finance Technology
NBCUniversal, Universal City, California
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The primary role of the TV Finance Technology Engagement Manager is to support Studio and Production Finance operating as a liaison between business partners and IT Teams communicating business needs. They will perform as the subject matter expert for the business domain, conduct knowledge transfer with the product and engineering teams who will provide guidance on the technologies and approaches being implemented. Additionally this role will build strong connections with the business, analyzing and supporting their business processes by: gathering and documenting business requirements, managing design, testing and implementation of new projects in coordination with product and engineering teams as well as managing the on-going production support for existing systems. This role will also be responsible for looking across upstream and downstream processes to consolidate or build out systems accordingly. This includes collaborating with other engagement managers and technical owners on their integrated systems. This role will be responsible for understanding where business processes overlap and will need to be conscientious of the entire business lifecycle. This position will be based in Universal City, CA.
This ideal candidate has a mix of business process analysis expertise and technical understanding in Finance-related systems. Strong communication and people skills are required.
Responsibilities include –
- Engage with business partners to identify needs in order to implement technology solutions to digitize manual business processes.
- Manage the support and enhancements for existing custom applications which support the TV Studio/Production Finance business.
- Managing a portfolio of applications built using technologies including .Net, Sharedpoint, Teradata, Microstrategy, Informatica, Salesforce and 3rd party vendor supported applications.
- Identifying new opportunities & services to enhance the systems’ platform and drive more productivity.
- Partnering with vendors, consultants, internal product and engineering teams, client user groups, and others to develop requirements and project manage application development projects ensuring adherence to scope, schedule and budget.
- Responsible for business process analysis, capturing and documenting requirements in Jira, creating mapping documents between source and target systems, wireframes / mockups and business process flow diagrams.
- Prioritizing product backlog for fixes/enhancements to applications (based on cost savings and/or benefit to end users)
- Grooming business requirements and answering requirement-related questions from the engineering teams
- Giving demos and soliciting user feedback throughout the software development process
- Coordinating UAT and production release timelines based on criticality and end-user availability
- Responsible for ownership and complete delivery of projects assigned.
- Ensuring IT security compliance across all supported applications
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and ability to lead project teams which do not directly report to them.
- Work with the Technology Services team to support and troubleshoot issues (process, system and hardware), identify root cause, and proactively implement sustainable corrective actions.
- Coordinate on-going system maintenance and upgrades with no disruption to users.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies, security and reviews.
This is a hands-on role where analytical and problem-solving skills, a background in systems development and process improvement changes are required. This role should be able to perform rapid analysis and decomposition of complex business information into technical process components. This role is expected to be able to perform root cause analysis, work with the appropriate teams to perform root cause analysis and to provide next steps for resolution.
As an Engagement Manager in information technology, this role is expected to be proactive and work as part of a team alongside engineering and product teams, support consultants, IT infrastructure, vendors and different business verticals to adequately support the business and maintain proper alignment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance (or 5+ years of equivalent work experience)
- 5+ years of application development project management, SDLC and business systems analysis experience in a user facing role
- Experience working in or supporting a Finance organization
- Project management background, analytical, critical thinker with enthusiasm for solving problems.
- Experience leading the analysis and extracting and documenting business requirements on projects, system enhancements and defects.
- Organized, knows how to generate action items and communicates accordingly. Follows through and follows up.
- Experience in business process documentation and design.
- Project experience w/ data architecture, data warehouse and middle ware/ETL tools and technologies.
- Experience with Agile methodologies, Jira storyboarding and user story documentation.
- Experience leading and performing the testing on projects, enhancements and defects.
- Experience documenting and executing test cases from requirements.
- Ability to manage through competing/conflicting requests and obtain consensus
- Experience supporting a data warehouse environment (data ingestion and/or BI tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or MicroStrategy)
- Salesforce lightning experience
- Experience building workflow visualizations and/or UI mockups
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Enthusiasm for solving problems
- Collaborative team player accustomed to working within and across teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter that works independently and strives for continuous improvement
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
- Quality Trained (PMP or Six Sigma Black Belt Certification)
- Experience in the Media & Entertainment industry
- Experience directly supporting Finance applications (preferred)
- Working knowledge of Smartsheet
- Has a good understanding of technology trends and developments
- Salesforce Lightening experience
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
File hosting service