Project Manager, Enterprise Engineering PMO
NBCUniversal, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Project Manager will be responsible for the successful delivery of software and infrastructure engineering projects, as well as planning and executing in both waterfall and Agile methodologies. This position requires strong communication, influencing, project management, and Agile skills.
· Serve as single point of contact for assigned projects
· Lead and manage multiple projects and activities of varying methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall), types, and sizes, ensuring objectives and project deliverables are accomplished according to plan
· Synthesize and simplify concepts/requirements to the engineering team and stakeholders and tie them back to business objectives
· Work directly with project sponsors and project owners to develop budget, scope, cost-benefit analysis, and level-of-effort assessments
· Effectively manage project scope, schedule, and CapEx/OpEx budgets, while proactively identifying risks, issues, and dependencies
· Effectively manage project lifecycle, including product backlog
· Plan and track tasks in Jira
· Lead sprint planning sessions, estimating, and retrospectives or lessons learned
· Create and manage all required project artifacts, including weekly status and velocity reports
· Present project progress in weekly program review meetings with leadership
· Coordinate and facilitate weekly project meetings, daily standups, and ceremonies
· Coordinate and manage change control activities in adherence to PMO standards
· Utilize enterprise project management tools and applications to provide project status and reporting, while adhering to PMO processes, documentation standards, and best practices
· Provide project governance with clear and consistent communication of project level status to executive leadership, project sponsors, and stakeholders
· Represent the PMO and advocate for project management standards and best practices
•B.S./B.A. degree in relevant field (or equivalent work experience)
•PMP or CSM certification
•5+ years’ experience leading complex engineering projects or programs
•Proficient in building PowerPoint decks and comfortable presenting in front of large teams
•Experience with project management tools, including Jira, Clarizen, and ServiceNow
•Excellent organization and communication skills, as well as strong and consistent attention to detail
•Foundational understanding of software and infrastructure engineering technologies (compute, storage, network, database, cloud, devops, infrastructure as code, front/back-end development)
•Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to coordinate and influence team members from multiple internal departments and external vendors
•Proven ability to manage global teams with diverse backgrounds, business objectives, and time zone constraints
•Ability to effectively summarize status and communicate with senior leadership
•Adaptable performer who can lead effectively under pressure and through significant change
• Ability and desire to continually learn about new technologies, project management methodologies, and adapt to ever-changing business and industry needs
•Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
•Willingness to travel and work overtime and on weekends with short notice
•Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
•Must be 18 years or older
•Previous work experience within media entertainment industry
•Culture carrier with strong leadership skills to drive, deliver, develop and inspire
•Results-oriented with initiative to work until job is complete
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
The social news and entertainment company.