NBCUniversal, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Relationship management of a key Tech Ops subportfolio such as Program Operations or Distribution, which includes project intake, prioritization, and high-level requirements gathering for all product lines
- Hands-on management of efforts to support a program of projects, including managing the strategic roadmap and improving existing processes
- Maintain frequent communication with peers and working groups across NBCUniversal to ensure team is delivering what is needed to our portfolio of brands and business units
- Monitor project progress and all outstanding project concerns, including but not limited to, tracking Jira tickets, timelines, and issues and risks lists and communicate updates to colleagues and management
- Manage multiple competing projects across internal development squads and act as first point of escalation for all issues and concerns
- Create project charters, host project kick-offs, create project plans, status docs and financial reports
- Contribute to defining best practices, processes, and documentation for the Program Management team
• Bachelor’s degree or 4 years equivalent experience in Media Technology, Computer Science or Internet Technology
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing programs or large-scale projects with delivery accountability
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience with interacting with all levels of management and stakeholders; must be able to articulate technical concepts and solutions to both a deeply technical and non-technical audience
• Solid organizational skills with ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects in a cross-functional environment
• Must have client services & powerpoint presentation creation experience
• Proficiency with all Microsoft 365, Powerpoint, Excel and Google Docs applications
• Working knowledge of media pipelines, video file formats and media codecs
• Working knowledge of the technical infrastructure of a broadcast media ecosystem environment
• Self-starter that demonstrates initiative and ability to work independently with little supervision
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Position is remote initially, but must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ upon return to office. A van service is available for employees commuting from New York City.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Flexible Schedule, willingness to work on nights or weekends if project requires
• Experience in US Media & News environment highly preferred
• Experience with JIRA, Lucidchart, Smartsheet, Tableau or PowerBI
• Exceptional technical, analytical, research, and presentation skills
• Ability to lead and present information in face-to-face presentations to varied audiences, including executive management
• Strong team-building, vendor, and customer relations skills
• Be analytical and process-oriented and able to apply structure to complex problems
• Attention to details - extremely organized with an eye for prioritization, efficiency & optimization
• Strong written & verbal communication skills
• Ability to demonstrate troubleshooting techniques and problem solve with minimal direction
• Ability to work independently and well with others
• Strong leadership capabilities
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Our cornerstone is knowledge of the home, family, food and lifestyle markets.