Manager Insights and Measurements Solutions, Sports
NBCUniversal, New York, New York
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
This person should be comfortable as being a visionary who can lead in addressing the most pressing marketer challenges and to help them imagine what is possible to solve using actionable insights. This person should be very marketing/consumer data driven, passionate and have experience with being able to drive technical teams to execute upon these fast-paced business engagements/projects.
Primary responsible for growing/iterating first party (1P) data , drive engagement and retention for the Marketing business; and lead necessary dashboards & reports for stakeholders to better understand “what’s working” & what’s not working”.
This role will be responsible for delivering advanced analytics and data-centric support with an emphasis on Paid and Owned Media as well as Cross Channel attribution. The role will collaborate closely with the Enterprise Data initiative Growth Marketing teams to provide insights into the most effective marketing channels, optimize media spend and provide insights to internal Marketing teams. The overarching objective is to champion the intelligent use of data and power the acquisition and growth of a high value user consumers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Analytics and Storytelling
- Analyze complex data sets to develop actionable insights that can drive differentiated marketing approaches at the user level
- Develop analyses and surface insights to drive new customer sign-ups and current customer engagements and retention, including KPI deep dives, marketing efficiency, behavioral clustering, content affinity analysis, customer value, customer journey analysis and post conversion performance
- Analyze campaign performance from different attribution perspectives and derive recommendations for spend optimization
- Analyze the mix of KPIs and surface insights that will help attract more valuable customer
- Synthesize analytics and statistical approaches into easy-to-consume storylines and indicated actions for executive audiences both visually and verbally
- Facilitate data democratization through design and delivery of data visualizations
Cross-Functional Collaboration and Leadership
- Take ownership of projects and analyses from conception through execution, presentation, and follow-through, collaborating with relevant partners
- Function as client-facing business partner to the marketing team across all brands, championing the use of data and analytics solutions to drive and increase engagement and growth
- Capture business requirements for data and analytic solutions, and collaborate with Marketing team to ensure business requirements align with business needs
- Lead day-to-day collaboration with Marketing to communicate insights and recommend data informed strategies
- Collaboration and coordination across Enterprise Product and Engineering teams.
- Support the processes to implement insights into action by integrating new data sources, solutions and systems to optimize marketing activities
- Develop and maintain partnerships w/ Marketing, Strategy, IT and Decision Science teams to develop and implement scalable solutions resulting from insights
- Partner with Enterprise Data Initiative Marketing team on test design and measurement of strategic initiatives
- Lead members of a high performing, highly collaborative analytics team
- Collaborate with teammates to drive professional growth/skill development and enhance the quality of the work product
- Establish and cultivate a strong cross-functional working relationship with Enterprise Data initiative group, Enterprise Product, Engineering and Data Privacy teams.
Analytic and Technical Competency:
- Deep understanding of advanced marketing analytics for direct to consumer businesses (video streaming or subscription business experience a plus)
- Ability to perform deep dive analyses into marketing interactions, customer journeys, and conversion funnels
- Experience using statistical data modeling techniques to create customer segments, optimize targeting, and create forecasts
• BA/BS in marketing, statistics, mathematics, economics or other quantitative discipline. MBA, or Masters in an analytics related field a plus
• 5-7 years of experience with large data sets and analytical tools
• Knowledge of Tableau or equivalent report building experience
• Desired characteristics: experience in data science
• Strong curiosity, leadership and business acumen
• Experience w/ Big Query / Google technology stack
• Experience in or knowledge of Media Analytics platforms preferred
• Experience analyzing data in Adobe Analytics, and audience targeting platforms (e.g. DMP’s, CDP’s) preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, collaborate and influence
• Flexible and adaptable
• Ability to deliver on multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to be persuasive, influence, and execute innovative methods and processes
• Self-driven, confident, resourceful, and resilient
• Ability to collaborate and work in partnership with different parts of the organization
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one