Director of Technology & Operations, NBCU Local
NBCUniversal, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Reporting to the VP of Technology & Operations, the Director of Technology & Operations is a key member of the HQ TechOps team responsible for helping guide and support the design, deployment & operation of the systems and facilities powering the NBCU Local businesses.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build partnership with business clients to drive a strong VOC and represent production, technology, operational and facility needs across all departments and local businesses.
- Apply critical thinking to validate, align & coordinate those business requirements across the portfolio.
- Leading through influence, mentor and develop the performance of the technical, production, and operations teams around the division
- Implementation of and accountability to standards, controls and processes that ensure a high degree of availability and quality.
- Drive innovation and efficiency through the identification and implementation of internal operational synergies and continuous improvement.
- Provide technical, operational, and strategic guidance to the local businesses, to help drive awareness of and alignment with the division’s strategic vision.
- Participate in the implementation of the business’ long-term organizational strategies including the execution of organizational and skills development.
- Participate in the development of the division’s annual capital planning
- Partner with PM, local, division and enterprise teams to lead small to large scale projects & programs
- Facilitate team success by helping identify and mitigate cross team roadblocks
- Liaison with NBC Sports Technology & Operational teams to help support the Regional Sports Networks remote production operations
- Fill vacant technology leadership roles where necessary from time to time
- Provide escalation support for deployed infrastructure as needed by liaising with vendors and other internal/external technology SMEs for problem resolution. Help manage the implementation, commissioning and operation of new technology.
The ideal candidate is a technical & operations generalist with the credibility and demeanor to effectively build trusting stakeholder relationships and partner with enterprise, division, and local teams to confidently help execute strategy and division level initiatives that support our local teams and generate positive impact for our businesses.
- Minimum of 10 years of Technology and/or Production Operations experience within the news, sports, media, or entertainment industry.
- Effortless collaborator and expert communicator with a vision; proven ability to self-motivate, work independently as well as collaboratively and motivate and inspire a team; ability to work well within cross functional teams and communicate across all levels of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated expertise with a broad range of production technologies and the ability to grow and adapt to new technologies as they develop.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical operations support, project management, broadcast production, technology and finance.
- Experience supporting a high-end sports/media organization
- Live sports event production experience preferred
- Local TV station experience a plus
- Ability to drive multiple projects and to work on a collaborative basis with other business leaders.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline preferred.
- The local news and sports operations are a 24/7/365 business, and the person must be willing to work a flexible schedule
- Must be willing to travel
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Help the world share their story