Sr. BI Engineer, Fandango
NBCUniversal, Beverly Hills, California
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Drive and participate in the definition, the direction, and the development of the BI Reporting Platform.
- Work with internal stakeholders to create the requirements and technical design of the BI Reporting Platform and related intelligence tools.
- Work with business owners, analysts, product managers, and data engineers to implement visual, actionable reports that meet quality and performance requirements.
- Develop, maintain, update and support reports and their underlying datasets based on feedback and business changes.
- Drive and contribute to every phase of the report development life cycle (design, development, testing, iteration, deployment).
- Recognize and implement best practices in reporting: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Educate and train business owners on BI intelligence tools and reports.
- Support internal stakeholders with ad-hoc requests and reports.
- Develop and drive the adoption of self-service BI tools and solutions. Find opportunities to innovate and lead the way.
• 4+ years of relevant experience in the Business Intelligence realm, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques, and related technologies.
• Strong experience developing reports, charts, dashboards in a major BI reporting technology (Tableau, Looker, SSRS, etc.).
• Expertise with SQL and Relational & Multi-dimensional Databases is a must. Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts.
• Experience designing data models for existing and new pipelines.
• Experience with designing ETL jobs using tools like Talend to bring in new datasets as well as transform existing datasources.
• Experience in data mining and developing SQL-based ETL processes for large-scale, complex datasets.
• Proven track record working on distributed, scalable, service-oriented platforms. Proven ability to develop and deliver high quality, testable, production ready reports.
• Expert understanding of the agile software development life cycle.
• Experience with distributed data architectures and their eco-systems, namely Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark, EMR, etc.
• Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Redshift in an enterprise environment is a plus.
• Strong customer service and communication skills (verbal and written) to effectively interact with a diverse team of people across business and engineering.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, a quantitative concentration or equivalent.
• Experience in administrating Tableau and/or Looker is a plus.
• Willingness and self-initiative to dig into technical concepts related to the Reporting Platform.
• Proactive in improving reporting, analysis, and BI development and deployment processes.
• Self-initiative to stay on top of the latest innovations in data and BI technologies to inform the features and functionality of the Reporting Platform.
Fandango is the ultimate digital network for all things movies and TV, serving more than 60 million unique visitors per month, according to comScore, with best-in-class movie and TV information, movie ticketing, trailers and original video, and home entertainment. Its portfolio features leading online ticketers Fandango, MovieTickets.com and Flixster; world-renowned movie review site Rotten Tomatoes; premium on-demand streaming service Vudu; and Movieclips, the #1 movie trailers and movie-related content channel on YouTube. Fandango’s movie discovery and ticketing innovations can also be found on mobile, social, AI and voice platforms.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
See jobs at Bluecore