Sr Engineer, Network
NBCUniversal, Universal City, California
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
SummaryAt Universal Studios Hollywood (USH), our purpose is to create and deliver content so compelling it entertains, informs, and shapes the world. The Sr Engineer, Network is a member of the USH IT Infrastructure team that represents the larger global standards under the Universal Parks & Resorts Parks Technology umbrella. This position is responsible for the Universal Parks and Resorts Global UPT wired and wireless network. Uses knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to design, implement, and support internal and external networks. Tests and evaluates network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements. Identify capacity and performance issues to ensure uninterrupted service. Provide network expertise for project build-out. Assist in the operational, strategic planning, and business continuity / disaster recovery solution. Work with other business units supporting special events. Work on attraction network infrastructure. Provide day-to-day support, proactive maintenance, and perform system troubleshooting. This position is located in Universal City, CA.
- Analyzes network needs, formulates business solutions using cost justification techniques, and implements solutions. Design/develop wired/wireless network architecture to support new technology, business solutions, or new venues. Provide 2nd-level support on attraction network infrastructure including Industrial IP support.
- Troubleshoots network and communication problems related to Local Wired, Wireless, and Wide Area Networks. Provides support for network users, partners, and third-party vendors. Respond to emergency network outages. Configure switches and routers to support business requirements and special events. Perform packet sniffing and analysis to troubleshoot data, network, and transport level issues. Support attraction Industrial IP networks.
- Leads and assists with special projects from start to completion. Work with all project teams to understand requirements, formulate networking solution, implement, and support solution. Responsible for successful network implementation supporting the respective projects deliverable. Test and develop new technology in accordance to UPR-IT Mission Statement and business goals. Assist in the operational, strategic planning, and business continuity / disaster recovery solution.
- Assists in design, implementation and documentation of network infrastructure (both logical and physical).
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in related field or equivalent work experience required
• 5-7 years’ experience supporting Cisco networks (routers, switches), including 3-5 years’ experience working on Cisco wireless, security, VoIP, or Datacenter.
• Strong understanding of network design and topology
• Experience troubleshooting Cisco switches and routers
• Cisco platform experience (WiFi, Security, Datacenter, VoIP)
• Cisco Certified Network Associate – Routing and Switching.
• Demonstrated ability of strong customer relationship skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to make effective decisions while working through complex issues
• Must be able to utilize and effectively communicate functional and technical components of an initiative to applicable parties both verbally and through documentation.
• Attention to detail, good analytical and problem solving skills and critical thinking are essential.
• Ability to recognize and implement improved efficiencies and productivity
• Able to mediate issues between users, team members or other personnel and subordinates.
• Able to mentor others as needed.
• Capable of being a self-starter/motivator and having a proactive, agile and strategic mindset are a must.
• Able to cope with adversity and handle urgent system issues under pressure
• Able to embrace and adapt to change while demonstrating flexibility and the ability to develop and follow new processes.
Each day Universal Studios Hollywood creates unforgettable experiences for our guests from around the world. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood experience with our real working movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions that put you inside some of the world’s most popular movies and TV shows. USH offers something for everyone from thrill seekers to movie lovers to family fun for all ages. Our Team Members are passionate individuals who create memorable moments whether it’s on the studio lot, or in our conference rooms, theaters, or kitchens. We believe in the talent of our team members. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives our business to succeed in everything we do across the park. We believe in a culture of family and fun, here you can make a difference and build your career!
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
The best bed for better sleep