Director, Marketing Solutions
NBCUniversal, New York, New York
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
This role will help our business partners across the entire marketing technology ecosystem (linear, digital, paid media, measurement, and data management), identify what technology initiatives will enable them to achieve their goals, and define how to implement technology capabilities over time while measuring/realizing business benefits and value.
The Director will manage one full-time employee and will be responsible for building a multi-year business/technology strategy, resource and capability needs, and securing TechOps and business buy-in. Doing so requires the hands-on Director to capture current/future state process and data flows, document functional requirements, and create and deliver compelling presentations.
The Director will keep their direct manager, the Vice President of Marketing TechOps aware of pertinent updates, blockers, and beyond. And finally, the Director will collaborate with peer Marketing TechOps Analytics and Operations leaders to execute and support new capabilities.
Specific responsibilities include –
- Primary business technology point of contact for Growth Marketing, CRM, Engagement and Retention, and Promotional Strategy stakeholders with the inclusive mindset about learning from and sharing with our other brands and colleagues
- Deliver multi-year technology priorities with all business stakeholders’ input and support
- Capture and manage current/future state business process maps while defining the transformation plan from current to future
- Create and manage functional requirements for product enhancements and projects with value stories that are defined, quantified, and realized
- Promote and foster a “learning culture” by monitoring the latest industry thinking and innovation to inform the direction for future strategies/plans
- Develop working relationships with cross-functional business teams
- Work in a matrix organization with peer Product Management, Engineering, Content Operations, Program Management, and Portfolio Management teams
- Think and work independently, demonstrate creativity to help deliver quick and actionable results
• Minimum of 8 years previous relevant work experience; ideally with experience in project delivery, business analysis, marketing strategy, or business relationship management at a large network/publisher/agency
• In-depth expertise on the quickly evolving marketing technology landscape, with subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas: Content Management, Demand Side Platforms (DSP), Customer Relationship Marketing (CRM), Digital Analytics and Measurement, and Paid Social
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), presentation and analysis skills
• Energetic and a people person with high emotional intelligence
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements, including the ability to juggle multiple competing priorities and deadlines
• Ability to travel to other NBCU offices, such as Los Angeles and London
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
•Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Experience in US Media & Entertainment industry
• 2+ years of experience leading teams
• Excellent structured communication skills with the ability to frame complex digital marketing, CRM and technical concepts in a way that facilitates discussion and deeper levels of understanding. Ability to bridge marketing and technology staff.
• Ability to work in matrix environment and to serve as individual and team contributor, leading projects and initiatives
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.