Manager, Business Intelligence
NBCUniversal, Stamford, Connecticut
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Betting, Gaming & Emerging Media includes sports betting, prediction and gaming resources for sports and video game connoisseurs. NBC Sports EDGE, (formerly Rotoworld) NBC Sports Predictor and NBC Sports Audio feature sports news, analysis, fantasy sports and premium content to immerse sports fanatics in a whole new way.
The Manager of Business Intelligence will be responsible for overseeing digital analytics for the NBC Sports betting and gaming portfolio to inform optimal content, product and revenue strategy to grow reach and drive audience conversion and monetization. In undertaking the responsibilities of the role, the Manager of Business Intelligence will;
- Develop analytics frameworks and processes to operationalize metrics that advance the Company’s understanding of business fundamentals through data insights.
- Work side-by-side with NBC Sports Gaming team to provide real-time insights and trends that help drive content and platform decisions.
- Provide in-depth multi-platform analysis to support discovery and prioritization of new opportunities for growth.
- Support the multi-platform content, product and marketing teams with insights to inform the schedule of content production and development of new products.
- Liaise with head of NBC Sports Digital Insights on key industry changes and measurement standards to keep the organization informed and properly measuring performance.
- Create and manage development of business cases for new multiplatform products, platforms, devices and partnerships.
- Analyze CRM data and works with marketing teams on audience targeting plans.
- Work with Product leadership to research new technology and trends that can enhance multiplatform marketing offerings
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience using analytics to drive digital business decisions.
- Familiarity with fantasy sports and/or sports betting terminology and user experiences.
- Knowledge of current multimedia platforms with curiosities towards the future of media consumption.
- A strong understanding of commercial formats and applications on linear and digital platforms.
- A high level of organizational skills and attention to detail, self-sufficiency with excellent communication skills.
Desired characteristics and experience:
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure, to meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience, forging and managing key relationships.
- Editorial base knowledge of major U.S. sports leagues and teams and interest in fantasy sports and betting a plus.
- Working knowledge of linear, digital, e-commerce and social media KPIs.
- Proactive, creative thinker with the ability to exhibit sound judgment.
- Ability to successfully navigate a large organization and build bridges between departments.
- Ability to manage through influence and build consensus
NBC Sports Next is where sports and technology intersect. We’re a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within our three groups: Youth & Recreational Sports; Golf; and Betting, Gaming & Emerging Media.
At NBC Sports Next, we make playing sports better through innovative technology and immersive experiences for athletes, coaches, players and fans. We equip more than 30MM players, coaches, athletes, sports administrators and fans in 40 countries with more than 25 sports solution products, including SportsEngine, the largest youth sports club, league and team management platform; GolfNow, the leading online tee time marketplace and provider of golf course operations technology; GolfPass the ultimate golf membership that connects golfers to exclusive content, tee time credits, and coaching, tips; TeamUnify, swim team management services; GoMotion, sports and fitness business software solutions; and NBC Sports Edge, a leading platform for fantasy sports information and betting-focused tools.
Come join us as we work together as one team to innovate and deliver what’s Next.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos