IT Asset Governance Analyst
NBCUniversal, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the NBCUniversal’s end user IT assets are appropriately tracked and managed in accordance with the Asset Management policies.
- Coordinating with Client Services and other Technical Support teams for verification, repair, recovery and disposal.
- Driving accurate asset data within ServiceNow, making sure all fields are populated as required against published Asset Governance Score Cards
- Performing end-to-end governance operations, focusing on constant improvement and efficiency of processes, including Asset Verification, Asset Repair, Offboarding Asset Recovery and Asset Disposal.
- Correcting asset data discrepancies based on business rules
- Updating and maintaining information in the asset database in a timely manner
- Improving the quality of hardware data in the IT asset repository
- Coordinating various governance related control activities and reviews, e.g. review of processes, risks, controls, records, business unit plans, etc.
- Supporting key stakeholders with governance requirements, including knowledge sharing sessions on asset management related topics
- Collaborating with other Asset Governance team members to perform governance activities in the Asset lifecycle (Procurement, Legal Hold, Disposal, Stock Verification etc.)
- Documenting strategies, policies, procedures and where appropriate guidance for staff to follow.
- Exploring opportunities for maximizing or exploiting unused or partially used IT assets to improve efficiency.
- Participating in the evaluation of the asset management process.
- Conducting physical audits of IT asset inventories in stock rooms and vendor facilities.
- Conducting and reporting IT asset reconciliation and audit activities on a timely basis, including financial, licensing, warranty, repair, maintenance/support and disposal.
- Coordinate disposal pickups and completion of associated processes and records
- Monitoring and analysing trends in inventory control to make recommendations for the future and identify areas for possible savings and/or asset optimization.
- Managing day to day ServiceNow queues and tickets
- Managing the Asset Governance mailboxes and respond to all queries.
- Collaborating and supporting Client Services / IT Support Teams globally to maintain accuracy and completeness of asset data.
- Assisting with data and reporting of KPI’s and trends, weekly and monthly as required.
• Self-starter, dependable/reliable, work independently or in a team environment
• Must possess a commitment to excellence, a strong sense of urgency and dedication to client satisfaction.
• Detail-oriented, proactive and highly organized
• Technical background and understanding of IT Assets including computers, mobile devices, AV equipment etc.
• Capable of prioritizing work and multi-tasking
• Ability to work independently with little direction and to tight deadlines
• Excellent communication skills, verbally and electronically
• Ability to analyse complex data and create user friendly reporting
o ITIL v3 Foundation (desirable)
o IAITAM (CHAMP)
o Hardware Asset Management processes
o Managing IT Asset Data in ServiceNow
o Managing lease contracts for IT equipment
o Experience in system integration for ensuring accuracy of data
o Automating of manual processes
o Financial knowledge, including budgetary and internal cost code allocations
o Experience in IT Procurement
o Experience in Stock Management.
o Reporting / Dashboarding
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.