Field Technical Manager
NBCUniversal, Long Island City, New York
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Plan and execute all technical management and support for NBC News remotes worldwide, including equipment procurement, complete logistical support, and personnel booking/scheduling consistent with budgetary guidelines.
- Advise management and team on new technology/industry trends, remote systems design, and software with an eye on the constant improvement of our operations.
- Must be willing to perform the above duties overseas in under-developed countries and/or areas of military conflict. Must be willing to travel on short notice for extended periods.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including immediate response to breaking news.
- Valid US Driver’s License and passport with no limitation on international travel required.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as a technical manager or as an operations manager working in production at a Top-50 local news market or national news network required.
- Basic knowledge of IT systems, TCP/IP protocols, digital satellite uplink systems, AVID editing systems, streaming technologies, and VoIP applications.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing to work in Long Island City, NY.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience in managing employees represented by a labor union preferred.
- Extensive documented success in the planning and supervision of large-scale television remote productions.
- Experience in planning/design/implementation of digital video/audio transmission systems.
- Basic knowledge of financial planning principles including cost/benefit analysis, payback period computations, and budgeting.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!