Sr. SRE BI, Fandango
NBCUniversal, Beverly Hills, California
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Help improve performance, scalability, and reliability
- Build and maintain distributed infrastructure and automation
- Work closely with BI and data engineering teams to support continuous integration and deployments
- Solve problems quickly and automate processes
- Monitor and improve site stability and performance
- Support our next generation of infrastructure as code and serverless environments
- Develop and deploy data platform infrastructure using Terraform, Puppet, Jenkins, bash/python
- Ensure that our data platform conforms with existing SDLC practices and data compliance obligations (CCPA, GDPR, PCI)
• 6+ years of hands-on systems engineering experience on Linux and/or Windows platforms
• 5+ years of experience using AWS Cloud in a production environment
• Experience with Continuous Delivery practices
• Understanding of DevOps principles, experience with operational tools (Ansible or Puppet or Chef, Terraform) and best practices for infrastructure and software deployment
• Experience with AWS IAM, EMR/HDFS/yarn/spark, ec2, RDS, s3, lambda, batch and step functions
• Experience with Docker and containerization
• Strong scripting skills in at least two languages (bash, python, ruby, perl, etc.)
• Passion for monitoring and metrics
• Working knowledge on relational databases (RDS Aurora/MySQL, Postgres, Redshift, etc.)
• Working knowledge on NoSQL data stores (MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB, Couchbase, etc.)
At Fandango, we love movies. From showtimes and ticketing, to engaging content and innovations in movie going- we strive to deliver the perfect movie going experience—anytime, anywhere. And to be the go-to destination for moviegoers, we think it’s all about collaboration. Anyone can build a website or app, but it takes a special group across many disciplines to create an experience that can live across multiple platforms and connected devices. Thanks to an exceptional team, we’re working hard to make Fandango a little bit better every day. Our 30 million (and growing!) online and mobile monthly visitors can now buy movie tickets at over 25,000 screens nationwide and stay for exclusive trailers, our award-winning original video series, movie reviews, celebrity interviews and more. So, if you’re looking to inspire, be inspired and work at the intersection of entertainment and technology look no further than Fandango. Visit Fandango.com/careers for a behind-the-scenes look at Fandango and follow us on LinkedIn for the latest news and updates. Fandango is an NBCUniversal Company.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one