Transmission Workflow Engineer
NBCUniversal, Stamford, Connecticut
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
A Transmission Workflow Engineer is needed to support Transmission engineering and operations technologies for the NBC Sports Group. This position works with and supports all in the NBC Sports Group Stamford facility including the NBC Sports Network, NBC Network, Olympics, and Digital/Web content.
- Expert level knowledge of routing and switching concepts and technologies. Must have subject matter expertise in core routing/switching, firewalls, proxies, DNS, VoIP, and unified communications.
- Working experience with scripting technologies. Emphasis on network monitoring and automation.
- Oversee existing architecture renovations and updates. Understand hardware and firmware currently in use and ensure updates as appropriate for upgraded and obsolete equipment. Remain current with latest technology regarding hardware, software and security.
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- This role will work ensure compliance and interoperability for broadcast systems.
- Work with the engineering staff to maintain the Broadcast Production hardware, software and workflows. Including playout server systems, production automation, and control interfaces.
- Be willing to work nights, weekends and peak periods as required. Be on call for engineering support.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Interacts with transmission carriers to resolve issues, escalations, maintenance, and overall performance.
- Assist and helps create standard operation procedures for all transmission technologies activities, which include: audio/video and communications check-in and QC process for remotes, outgoing transmission activity, and ingest. This includes linear Broadcast as well as digital stream creation.
- Create and develop preventative system maintenance plans, problems resolution check list, and system for tracking transmission logs.
- Possess the ability to design, document and manage new system design.
- 5+ years experience in engineering and operations for major enterprise or carrier
- Experience in virtualization technologies, Cisco ACI, AWS, Azure, SDN, SDWAN a strong plus.
- BS in IT Networking, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Must have knowledge of fiber optic technologies and coax transport, video encoding codecs, multicast, and plant routing systems a must.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of Engineering as well as outside the organization.
- Ability to create and comprehend signal flow documents (CAD) as well as systems level troubleshooting.
- Excellent communicator and able to manage highly technical operations teams while interfacing with Engineering, Operations, Production, and 3rd party vendors.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Position requires a cool, level headed individual who works well under the pressures of “live” television.
- Ability to prepare and deliver written and oral communications of complex matters.
- Position will require nights and weekend assignments.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #:)
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Sweat in good company