Software Quality Engineer, Back End
NBCUniversal, Mountain View, California
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- The Back End QE level 3 Engineer is responsible for Vudu’s backend architecture
- Cover server release feature testing, performance and stress testing, system momitoring
- Interact with Product Managers, developers and other Quality Engineers to deliver high quality, high profile software and user experiences
- Participate in Agile ceremonies (standups, retros, sprint planning, etc)
● BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
● 4+ years of professional experience as a software QA engineer working in a back end or full-stack capacity
● Experience with multi-tier architecture with scalability, performance
● Experience in writing PL/SQL, Shell, Python or Perl scripts to automate testing tasks
● Experience using MySQL or Posgres databases
● Familiar with Git or other source code control systems
● Experience in developing tools/scripts to aid in testing client/server
● Skills in Linux required
● Knowledge of XML, Java Script, Java, Python and HTML required
● Experience working in an agile/Scrum environment
● Complete and thorough knowledge of the SDLC and testing methodologies
● Working knowledge of relational databases
● Familiar with RESTful APIs, microservices, and/or service-oriented architectures
● Collaborative. Works well in a team. Excited to succeed and to help other engineers succeed
● Eager to learn and stretch your boundaries while you learn and leverage new technologies
● Open to new approaches and new ideas
● Can take initiative to solve issues
At Fandango, we love movies. From showtimes and ticketing, to engaging content and innovations in movie going- we strive to deliver the perfect movie going experience—anytime, anywhere. And to be the go-to destination for moviegoers, we think it’s all about collaboration. Anyone can build a website or app, but it takes a special group across many disciplines to create an experience that can live across multiple platforms and connected devices. Thanks to an exceptional team, we’re working hard to make Fandango a little bit better every day. Our 30 million (and growing!) online and mobile monthly visitors can now buy movie tickets at over 25,000 screens nationwide and stay for exclusive trailers, our award-winning original video series, movie reviews, celebrity interviews and more. So, if you’re looking to inspire, be inspired and work at the intersection of entertainment and technology look no further than Fandango. Visit Fandango.com/careers for a behind-the-scenes look at Fandango and follow us on LinkedIn for the latest news and updates. Fandango is an NBCUniversal Company.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
The social news and entertainment company.