VP, Digital Media Technology
NBCUniversal, Universal City, California
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Film Technology team of Universal Filmed Entertainment is looking for a technical expert with hands-on detailed experience with all content protection technologies as well as creating, developing and delivering digital products. The role is focused on Universal Pictures’ strategy and implementation of encryption, streaming protocols, codecs and DRM policies. Additionally, the successful candidate will have a working knowledge of creating digital products using cloud-based systems and of content distribution technologies. This role requires leadership of teams who will interact with partners at various levels, from creative agencies, to post-production teams and retailers.
- Leading expert on all content protection encryption technologies, streaming protocols, codecs, DRM, encryption models and anti-piracy techniques
- Providing leadership to evaluate the effectiveness of technical controls used to enforce intellectual property rights in a diverse ecosystem of hardware and software encryption solutions.
- Manage a small team responsible for development and project management of digital services for Universal Pictures Home Entertainment
- Work with business stakeholders to evaluate technical requirements and lead cross-functional teams to create production-ready solutions.
- Represent Universal Pictures’ agenda in industry forums including relevant industry and technology-related boards and standards bodies
- Collaboratively develop, gain consensus, and implement technology roadmaps for Universal Pictures in media technologies such as metadata, content workflow and distribution platforms, media formats, and analytics
- Effectively articulate complicated technology issues and advise Universal Pictures’ leadership and key stakeholders on business implications of technology developments and trends
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.