Data Service Manager, Data Warehouse
NBCUniversal, Orlando, Florida
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The candidate will manage and enhance the data warehousing environment and to take it through the future iterations. In carrying out the key priorities of the role, they will contribute;
- Proactivity in driving excellence, innovation and team performance through a progressive people and project management approach that includes;
- Managing and monitoring individual and team progress towards delivery and embedding a culture of ongoing feedback and knowledge sharing.
- Collaboration with colleagues and advising senior management on opportunities to improve such as implementing new processes and emerging technologies.
- Building capacity within and across the team through a strong focus and support of data engineering learning and development activities.
- Database architecture and design of data warehouse subject areas and OLAP cubes.
- Hands on SQL development and support of current ETL processes, sharing in responsibilities for monitoring the data warehouse loading process.
- Troubleshooting and resolve of data issues in production systems.
- Communication and collaboration with business users and project managers to resolve business problems and create solutions.
- Application of technical experience to suggest better solutions to new and existing problems.
- Involvement with other IT departments providing systems communication processes.
- Identification of software solutions needed for new projects.
- Weekly reporting to management on project status and issues.
- Design, development, and implementation of ETL jobs based on business requirements.
- Creation and implementation og new environments based on the needs of the business.
- Design and implementation of data systems integration.
- Support to the Director of Data Services through preparation of reports, emails, and correspondence.
• 7+ years of experience in;
• data warehousing / OLAP experience,
• multidimensional database architecture and design experience
• Demonstrable skills and experience in;
• formal systems life cycle methodology.
• Tableau, big data and Realtime BI.
• In-depth knowledge of ETL methodologies
• Experience of working at a senior level., contributing to a management team and leading and managing a team of engineers toward growth and success.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as Computer Science or equivalent.
NBC Sports Next is where sports and technology intersect. We’re a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within our three groups: Youth & Recreational Sports; Golf; and Betting, Gaming & Emerging Media.
At NBC Sports Next, we make playing sports better through innovative technology and immersive experiences for athletes, coaches, players and fans. We equip more than 30MM players, coaches, athletes, sports administrators and fans in 40 countries with more than 25 sports solution products, including SportsEngine, the largest youth sports club, league and team management platform; GolfNow, the leading online tee time marketplace and provider of golf course operations technology; GolfPass the ultimate golf membership that connects golfers to exclusive content, tee time credits, and coaching, tips; TeamUnify, swim team management services; GoMotion, sports and fitness business software solutions; and NBC Sports Edge, a leading platform for fantasy sports information and betting-focused tools.
At NBC Sports Next we’re fueled by our mission to innovate, create larger-than-life events and connect with sports fans through technology that provides the ultimate in immersive experiences.
Golf fuses the team behind products and services like GolfNow, TeeOff and GolfPass, which better connects golfers and golf facilities around the world through innovative solutions like cloud-based golf course management and SmartPlay contactless technology and services that create optimum golfing experiences.
Come join us as we work together as one team to innovate and deliver what’s Next.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.