NBCUniversal, Remote, Remote
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Golf fuses the team behind products and services like GolfNow, TeeOff and GolfPass, which better connects golfers and golf facilities around the world through innovative solutions like cloud-based golf course management and SmartPlay contactless technology and services that create optimum golfing experiences.
The Product Manager is responsible for the product planning, execution and delivery within the Marketing/Platform functional portfolio of GolfNow’s B2B platform. This includes, but is not limited to: gathering product requirements, writing user stories based upon requirements, assisting in defining the portfolio vision and working collaboratively with engineering, sales and support to ensure that the portfolio meets the agreed upon goals and functionality.
- Overall functional portfolio ownership.
- Defining and executing against the portfolio strategy and tactical roadmap, including the creation of user requirements/stories based on both internal and external feedback, overseeing prioritization of features and functionality, and ongoing grooming of product backlog.
- Developing core positioning and messaging regarding the portfolio, as well as defining success metrics and reporting structure.
- Working with assigned engineering resources to develop and implement the portfolio, and manage/own the lifecycle using collaborative tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Providing on-going status reports to senior management.
- Managing betas and proof-of-concept trials as required throughout the B2B platform lifecycle, utilizing face to face customer experiences as often as needed.
- Creating and developing user documentation for new and existing features within the portfolio
- Developing a deep understanding of the customer and user experience for features developed, identifying and filling product gaps, generating new ideas that improve customer experience to meet their current and future requirements.
- Acting as a functional portfolio SME, as well as a functionality/feature evangelist to build awareness and understanding.
- Being proactive in learning and self-development as well as keeping apprised of product, portfolio and industry trends.
- 3+ years of B2B product/technology management experience.
- Experience in managing multiple concurrent and complex projects, and the ability to drive those projects to completion.
- A deep understanding of a product’s life cycle, with a specific focus on the development and implementation phases.
- The ability to communicate complex concepts and ideas clearly and concisely.
- Skills and experience of analyzing data and making informed data informed proposals/ decisions.
- A solid background in creating/writing user stories/requirements.
- Experience in reporting on project status to senior management.
- Strong presentation skills, both in person and in a virtual setting.
- Experience with collaboration tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Knowledge of golf course operations.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Computer Science or related field.
- Background in User Interface design and implementation.
- Experience with B2B Email Marketing.
- Background in BI reporting tools and functionality.
NBC Sports Next is where sports and technology intersect. We’re a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within our three groups: Youth & Recreational Sports; Golf; and Betting, Gaming & Emerging Media.
At NBC Sports Next, we make playing sports better through innovative technology and immersive experiences for athletes, coaches, players and fans. We equip more than 30MM players, coaches, athletes, sports administrators and fans in 40 countries with more than 25 sports solution products, including SportsEngine, the largest youth sports club, league and team management platform; GolfNow, the leading online tee time marketplace and provider of golf course operations technology; GolfPass the ultimate golf membership that connects golfers to exclusive content, tee time credits, and coaching, tips; TeamUnify, swim team management services; GoMotion, sports and fitness business software solutions; and NBC Sports Edge, a leading platform for fantasy sports information and betting-focused tools.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid