Software Engineer I
NBCUniversal, Remote, Remote
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
As a Software Engineer (Front-End) on the Members and Rosters Team you will...
- Focus on front-end platform level development efforts that will have a significant impact for our end-users through enhancing our Front-End Engineering experience at SportsEngine.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members such as UX designers, and other software engineers to develop effective design patterns and techniques that can be replicated across SportsEngine’s portfolio of products.
- Build and maintain reusable application components using TypeScript, Angular, and SCSS for SportsEngine’s internal UI Component Library.
- Develop in a Continuous Delivery environment where you will ship code to production daily.
- Support strategic initiatives to reduce front-end technical debt and developer friction to ensure the SportsEngine platform is modern, fast, and delightful to work with.
- Write modular and maintainable code, complete with unit tests.
- Work with other software engineers, both front-end and back-end, through code reviews and pair programming.
• 1+ years of professional front-end or full-stack experience building web applications for a variety of browsers and platforms including desktop, tablet, and mobile environments.
• Ability to write high-quality, modular, maintainable, secure and testable code.
• Familiarity with testing best practices including unit and integration tests.
• Effective in a highly collaborative cross functional team environment using Git and GitHub Pull Request workflows.
• Knowledge of TypeScript, Angular and Webpack.
• Experience building accessible web applications.
• Experience in a continuous delivery environment.
• Exhibit a deep respect for building software sustainably using modern techniques and industry best practices.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) is awesome, but not required.
NBC Sports Next is where sports and technology intersect. We’re a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within our three groups: Youth & Recreational Sports; Golf; and Betting, Gaming & Emerging Media.
At NBC Sports Next, we make playing sports better through innovative technology and immersive experiences for athletes, coaches, players and fans. We equip more than 30MM players, coaches, athletes, sports administrators and fans in 40 countries with more than 25 sports solution products, including SportsEngine, the largest youth sports club, league and team management platform; GolfNow, the leading online tee time marketplace and provider of golf course operations technology; GolfPass the ultimate golf membership that connects golfers to exclusive content, tee time credits, and coaching, tips; TeamUnify, swim team management services; GoMotion, sports and fitness business software solutions; and NBC Sports Edge, a leading platform for fantasy sports information and betting-focused tools.
At NBC Sports Next we’re fueled by our mission to innovate, create larger-than-life events and connect with sports fans through technology that provides the ultimate in immersive experiences.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.