Senior Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails
NBCUniversal, Remote, Remote
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
At NBC Sports Next, we make playing sports better through innovative technology and immersive experiences for athletes, coaches, players and fans. We equip more than 30MM players, coaches, athletes, sports administrators and fans in 40 countries with more than 25 sports solution products, including SportsEngine, the largest youth sports club, league and team management platform; GolfNow, the leading online tee time marketplace and provider of golf course operations technology; GolfPass the ultimate golf membership that connects golfers to exclusive content, tee time credits, and coaching, tips; TeamUnify, swim team management services; GoMotion, sports and fitness business software solutions; and NBC Sports Edge, a leading platform for fantasy sports information and betting-focused tools.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Content & Communications Team you will...
- Write modular and maintainable code, complete with unit tests, using Ruby, Rails, Typescript and Angular.
- Build new systems and iteratively improve our features and existing systems in the Content and Communications domains of the SportsEngine platform.
- Maintain a legacy Rails monolith system as we continue to move towards a service oriented architecture.
- Develop in a Continuous Delivery environment where you will ship code to production daily.
- Provide technical leadership to the team through solution analysis, design, code reviews and pair programming.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members such as Software Engineers, QA Engineers, UX Designers and Product Managers.
- Leverage metrics and data to drive decisions across the team.
- Design, document and build APIs.
- 5 or more years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- Significant Ruby on Rails experience.
- A strong foundation in modern coding practices and the ability to write quality, modular, maintainable, secure and testable code.
- Exhibit a deep respect for building software sustainably using modern techniques and industry best practices.
- Effective in a highly collaborative cross functional team environment using Git and GitHub Pull Request workflows.
- Experience in a continuous delivery environment shipping code on a daily basis.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) is awesome, but not required.
Our passion and commitment to making a difference extends beyond SportsEngine and is shared with our parent company, NBCUniversal.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
The social news and entertainment company.