NBCUniversal, Remote, Remote
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with client teams, promoting a strong Voice of the Customer, to define requirements and deliver scalable, reusable solutions that creatively solve business challenges, add measurable value, and ensure alignment to the division’s strategic roadmap
- Partner with our various local engineering, operations, and enterprise teams to design, deploy, and provide escalation support, liaising with vendors, and serving as a subject matter expert across our portfolio of live production technologies.
- Ongoing assessment of workflows, identifying manual processes that can be streamlined or improved upon with new hardware, software or automation
- Evaluate, evangelize and capitalize on opportunities for business appropriate IP and cloud-based production workflow solutions.
- Lead the evaluation of new technology; coordinate testing and reporting on resources needs, feasibility, budget and timing requirements for inclusion in strategic plan.
- Develop, drive and maintain technical standards
- Help lead ongoing technical deployments, refresh and consolidation efforts, as well as other long-term, complex technical programs & projects across the division
- Participate in the coaching and development of expertise across the local technical teams.
- Promote the use of key documentation processes and the transfer of knowledge within the Technology teams
- Other duties as deemed necessary
The ideal candidate will be comfortable engaging remotely with multiple technology teams across our portfolio and acting in the interest of users across a 24x7 enterprise environment. The individual must be capable of architecting live video production workflow solutions to service an array of live news and sports operations with an appropriate understanding of the business needs and priorities. This person must have prior experience with defining, deploying, and troubleshooting live production workflows across hardware and software in both on prem and public cloud environments. Fluency in cloud platforms, their service offerings and deployment automation will be key to success.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Video Engineering or similar with 10+ years’ experience preferred. Equivalent experience considered.
- Experience in a similar role with a media company, solution provider or other relevant industry.
- Experience supporting major market or network News / Sports operations
- Deep Expertise with live production systems & workflows including graphics, video switching, audio, intercom, production automation, video networks / routers, monitoring & orchestration systems.
- Experience in compressed and uncompressed IP standards and transport protocols for media production (ST-2110, JPEG XS, NDI, SRT, RTMP, HLS etc.)
- Hands on experience with the design, deployment and support of managed IP networks for media
- Experience architecting & deploying cloud workflows, including configuration management tools and automation platforms (e.g. Terraform, Puppet, Ansible).
- Understanding of Enterprise Architecture concepts and their application
- Knowledge of standard engineering processes such as change control and agile development concepts
- Strong ability to read and generate system documentation (Visio, ACAD).
- Highly customer focused with the ability to directly engage with stakeholders across different departments, ranging from non-technical clients to technical professionals and operations staff.
- Experience in business analysis / requirements definition and risk management
- Passion for learning new technologies and applying them to business challenges.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to visualize and communicate both high level concepts and ideas, as well as tactical details.
- Collaborative self-starter that demonstrates initiative and the desire for continuous improvement.
- Flexibility and ability to pivot from one initiative to the next, while managing multiple concurrent projects from very small to very large.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Willingness to travel and work outside standard hours, and on weekends with short notice
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
As a Bonus
- CCNA, CCNP, hands on experience with Cisco DCNM
- Cloud Certifications
- Experience with DevOps principals and IaaC
- An “automate-first and automate everything” approach to scaling technology solutions
- Experience / familiarity with upstream file based content creation and downstream playout / distribution workflows.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one