Product Director, Direct to Consumer
NBCUniversal, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Location: Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Reports to: Head of Product, CNBC & Direct To Consumer Experiences
At CNBC, our mission is to transform our customers’ experiences with their money through our world-class financial market coverage, business insights, personal finance news and helpful, informative services. Our digital and television products reach 385 million households worldwide, and we’ve got even more growth opportunities ahead. We’re looking for the next great product director to join us in that adventure, and we’re hoping it’s you!
As Direct of Product for our Direct-To-Consumer initiatives, you’ll own the strategy, execution and successful delivery of subscription audience and revenue driving initiatives, developing features and insights across our award-winning, market leading digital portfolio, including CNBC.com, our iOS & Android apps, and our suite of OTT products.. As the organization’s domain expert, you’ll thrive making impactful decisions for a brand that customers know and trust, based on a deep understanding and ability to draw actionable insights from user data and research, and be acknowledged as the company’s expert in the space.
Your passion will be not only to discover, develop and ship products and features that deliver both meaningful benefit to our subscribers and strategic business growth success for our company, but to coach, grow and nurture your team. You lead with empathy, kindness and generosity, actively seek opportunities to put in front of those around you, and prioritize the welfare and well-being of how the work happens. You are a master relationship builder, expert motivator, and you know how to inspire a mission-driven team.
Day-to-day, you’ll succeed by learning which solutions are simultaneously impactful, usable, valuable, and feasible, through coaching your teams on product discovery, clear prioritization of effort and collaborative design thinking. You’ll lead, coach and motivate dedicated, cross-functional subscription Agile teams by communicating your vision, optimizing team welfare and experience, and coordinating regularly and clearly with partners, external vendors and stakeholders.
- Develop, coach, shape and share a deep understanding of the subscriber, data, business, and industry
- Evolve, articulate and advocate CNBC’s subscriber product vision, strategy, and what business-facing success looks like
- Motivate, inspire and nurture a team of product managers
- Define and build consensus on meaningful metrics for success
- Help shape cross-functional prioritization, opportunities and business impact
- Create a clearly articulated path for defining value for users and business growth
- Discover value-driven opportunities via product discovery experiments and methods
- Identify and map customer goals, values and needs rather than “wants” or “table stakes”
- Inform decisions with unbiased qualitative and quantitative data
- Ensure good communication, collaboration and transparency by partnering with internal teams including editorial, marketing, advertising, business development and others
- Coordinate and collaborate across product peers and their teams to share learnings, leverage shared effort and ensure quality cross-platform experience
● 8+ years’ experience of leveraging subscriber
needs for business growth, combined with domain
subject-matter expertise and proven thought leadership
● 5+ years’ experience with analytics, and using user
research to drive decisions
● 5+ years’ experience with Agile methodologies, sprints,
prioritization and debt elimination
● 8+ years’ experience with Product Discovery, Design Thinking,
Lean Product a plus
● Ability to speak articulate deliverables with colleagues,
stakeholders, partners, engineers
● Human-centered thinking and a strong empathy for
solving problems for customers
● Experience in the media, news, or technology/internet
● Strong user experience sensibilities
● Exceptional written, spoken and visual communication
● Exceptional storytelling skills
● Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
● Proven ability to deliver successful, valuable customer
and business outcomes
As the ideal candidate, you’re a driven, passionate advocate for your mobile customers and your business, with a sense of urgency to make things better wherever you are across all of our products. You’re always handy with a strong point of view, but you’re open-minded and can admit when you’re wrong. Your teams love working with you because you’re a pleasure to be around and lead through inspiration and motivation rather than rules and hierarchies. A good story has made your way more than a good data point, but you’ve always got both at hand.
If this sounds like you, and you’re excited to work with great people and the leader in business worldwide, we’d love to meet up!
Note: this position is based out of our spacious, modern CNBC offices on the river in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, with its on-site cafeteria, masseuse, shoe-shine, dry-cleaning, and full-featured, free fitness center. New Yorkers, don’t panic - a convenient, complimentary shuttle is available from points throughout the NYC metro area!
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.