Lead Software Engineer
NBCUniversal, Remote, Remote
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Lead and supervise team efforts in covering the full Agile Software Development Lifecycle, including the management of offshore developers, engaged through a contractor arrangement
- Develop applications with an eye towards maintainability, flexibility, and excellent user experience
- Mentor, coach, and pair program with other engineers to develop their technical skills. Supporting others to Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Set standards for code reviews to ensure quality, test coverage, and secure coding practices
- Collaborate with Product owners to help define future technology architecture of the GNC Marketing and Booking Engine platforms
- Participate in security governance for PCI and PII
- Lead regular application performance monitoring meetings, to proactively diagnose potential issues and remedy or mitigate them before they impact customers in production
- Work directly with business and technology leadership to manage end user expectations
- Create user stories, technical specifications, system documentation and other project deliverables
- Aid in planning product development and timelines
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
- Build trust and cooperation between technology and clients, whether internal teams or external customers
- Express.js / Hapi.js
- Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform
• Experience in Team leadership with strong analytical, problem-solving, and excellent communication skills
• 8+ years of technical expertise including recent experience architecting, designing, and developing containerized Node.js applications.
• 3+ years of experience with NoSQL databases, with MongoDB experience a plus
• 3+ years of experience with React.js
• Deep understanding of microservice and container-based design patterns and architectures
• Experience using technologies such as RabbitMQ, Redis, and ElasticSearch
• Experience in modern Agile Methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban and/or Extreme)
• Experience with Software Design Patterns and SOLID design principles
• Deep knowledge of modern software architectures and ability to compare and assess their relative suitability for a project
• Experience tuning and optimizing web services that are consumed by diverse technologies
• Experience in a collaborative, team-driven software engineering environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
NBC Sports Next is where sports and technology intersect. We’re a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within our three groups: Youth & Recreational Sports; Golf; and Betting, Gaming & Emerging Media.
At NBC Sports Next, we make playing sports better through innovative technology and immersive experiences for athletes, coaches, players and fans. We equip more than 30MM players, coaches, athletes, sports administrators and fans in 40 countries with more than 25 sports solution products, including SportsEngine, the largest youth sports club, league and team management platform; GolfNow, the leading online tee time marketplace and provider of golf course operations technology; GolfPass the ultimate golf membership that connects golfers to exclusive content, tee time credits, and coaching, tips; TeamUnify, swim team management services; GoMotion, sports and fitness business software solutions; and NBC Sports Edge, a leading platform for fantasy sports information and betting-focused tools.
At NBC Sports Next we’re fueled by our mission to innovate, create larger-than-life events and connect with sports fans through technology that provides the ultimate in immersive experiences.
Golf fuses the team behind products and services like GolfNow, TeeOff and GolfPass, which better connects golfers and golf facilities around the world through innovative solutions like cloud-based golf course management and SmartPlay contactless technology and services that create optimum golfing experiences.
Come join us as we work together as one team to innovate and deliver what’s Next.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.