Sr. Director, Software Engineering
NBCUniversal, Remote, Remote
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Create an exceptional engineering culture. Retain our engineering capabilities and own our innovation.
- Develop and refine skills, create new opportunities, share knowledge, help others, and attract/retain the best engineering talent globally.
- Manage the team and their performance with honest feedback, recurring 1:1’s, performance reviews, goal setting, coaching, and more with an emphasis on empowerment
- Respond and react to employee survey results
- Build communities and foster communication
- Create transparency around organizational roles and responsibilities
Support the business by building products that increase NBCU competitiveness, market share, and profits
- Deduplicate resources and workflows
- Alignment and consolidation across multiple lines of business
- Execute hiring plan for 2022 and beyond, making appropriate talent shifts where needed
- Modernize our technology stacks. Replace fragmentation with standards and reusable architectures.
- Apply cloud-native principles and leverage higher-level services whenever possible, and automate everything.
- Employ self-healing, autoscaling, and highly resilient applications. Focus on observability and automate everything.
Modernize our software delivery methodology. Help define a culture of secure DevOps, serverless and edge computing, and privacy by design.
- Reduce merge times
- Increase releases and deployments
- Automate everything
- Focus on core vs. commodity
Normalize using data to improve delivery and execution continuously
- Leverage OKRs, PI Planning, and Agile to organize and execute
- Understand TCOs and value metrics for applications and platforms - “well operated framework.”
- Define and implement metrics that matter; development, value-based, and operational
• 10+ years of professional software development experience
• 4+ years in an Engineering Leadership role responsible for Technology and Engineering decisions
• Experience defining standards and technology roadmaps for Digital Experience services and solutions
• Experience building a team of outstanding software engineers and technical leaders
• Track record of delivery in rapidly changing, collaborative, multi-stakeholder environments
• Strong skills in team leadership and building positive relationship with business partners
• Requires planning and organizational skills, problem-solving, communication, presentation, analytical, leadership, negotiation, relationship building, accuracy and detail orientation skills.
• Experience in software security, cyber security, and/or privacy by design
• Experience and significant knowledge with API design, HTTP fundamentals
• Significant knowledge and experience working with serverless and event-driven architecture design patterns
• Track record of inspiring others & positive change in solution design, technical delivery, and process improvement
• Passion for learning new technologies, patterns, and practices.
• Experience with leading projects in highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary development teams
• Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively connect with both business and technical teams
• Demonstrated customer focus and engagement
• Product ownership mindset with a history of successful product planning and delivery
• Experience building and operating cloud applications, infrastructure, and services
• Excellent leadership, team management, relationship building, and interpersonal skills
• Passion for content distribution and keeping up to date with emerging platforms & the latest technology trends
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
Tech Jobs For You
Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning - CX Engineering
Qualtrics, Seattle, Washington, United States