Sr. Director, Software Engineering
NBCUniversal, Remote, Remote
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Create an exceptional engineering culture. Retain our engineering capabilities and own our innovation.
- Develop and refine skills, create new opportunities, share knowledge, help others, and attract/retain the best engineering talent globally.
- Manage the team and their performance with honest feedback, recurring 1:1’s, performance reviews, goal setting, coaching, and more with an emphasis on empowerment
- Respond and react to employee survey results
- Build communities and foster communication
- Create transparency around organizational roles and responsibilities
Support the business by building products that increase NBCU competitiveness, market share, and profits
- Deduplicate resources and workflows
- Alignment and consolidation across multiple lines of business
- Execute hiring plan for 2022 and beyond, making appropriate talent shifts where needed
- Modernize our technology stacks. Replace fragmentation with standards and reusable architectures.
- Apply cloud-native principles and leverage higher-level services whenever possible and automate everything.
- Employ self-healing, autoscaling, and highly resilient applications. Focus on observability and automate everything.
Modernize our software delivery methodology. Help define a culture of secure DevOps, serverless and edge computing, and privacy by design.
- Provide engineering guidance and support, tooling & pipeline automation to operational product teams and application developers
- Migrate from on-prem environments and move to the cloud
- Optimize resources, enterprise integration tools and services provided by SaaS suppliers and internal teams, providing strategic direction and feedback in addition to business/financial analysis to executive management regarding current and available services.
- Focus on core vs. commodity
Normalize using data to improve delivery and execution continuously
- Leverage OKRs, PI Planning, and Agile to organize and execute
- Understand TCOs and value metrics for applications and platforms - “well operated framework.”
- Define and implement metrics that matter; development, value-based, and operational
• 10+ years of professional software development experience
• 4+ years in an Engineering Leadership role responsible for Technology and Engineering decisions
• Strong skills in team leadership and building positive relationship with business partners
• Requires planning and organizational skills, problem-solving, communication, presentation, analytical, leadership, negotiation, relationship building, accuracy and detail orientation skills.
• Experience in software security, cyber security, and/or privacy by design
• Excellent change management skills and ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience with legacy SaaS based solutions with an eye to move to cloud architectures.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and develop global applications organization in collaboration with overall technology strategy.
• Demonstrated strength in contract negotiations, vendor management, and capacity planning in a fast growth environment.
• Knowledgeable in compliance and information security.
• Current on business applications, trends in technology and experience evaluating/implementing new innovative technology solutions
• Track record of inspiring others & positive change in solution design, technical delivery, and process improvement
• Passion for learning new technologies, patterns, and practices.
• Experience with leading projects in highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary development teams
• Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively connect with both business and technical teams
• Demonstrated customer focus and engagement
• Product ownership mindset with a history of successful product planning and delivery
• Experience building and operating cloud applications, infrastructure, and services
• Excellent leadership, team management, relationship building, and interpersonal skills
• Passion for content distribution and keeping up to date with emerging platforms & the latest technology trends
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.