Director of Technology
NBCUniversal, Las Vegas, Nevada
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
KBLR is seeking a highly motivated Director of Technology. The Director of Technology & Operations is responsible for the overall oversight of the local TechOps department and also serves as the key engagement lead to other Enterprise groups to ensure successful delivery of these services to their internal client groups. The Director of Technology & Operations is also responsible for local management of the NBCUniversal Business Continuity and Environmental Health & Safety programs.
- Provide the highest possible “quality of service” by providing technical and operations excellence for the local operations, enabling them to provide compelling news, programming and service to its viewers, clients, and partners.
- Lead the development and the efficient implementation of the business’ long term technology strategies including development and execution of organizational development, the annual capital plan and management of multiple complex large-scale projects.
- Lead, mentor and develop the performance of the technical and operations teams including technology, media operations, and production operations.
- Drive innovation and efficiency through the identification and implementation of internal operational synergies and overall leadership.
- Coordinate production, technology and facility needs across all departments and local businesses.
- Lead stations’ Environment Health & Safety efforts and related reporting systems. Ensure compliance with NBCUniversal EHS overall programs, goals, and objectives.
- Prepare and maintain department budgets, forecasts, plans, and reports.
- Oversee the purchasing of equipment and the coordination of the stations’ technological planning and development.
- Maintain relationships with vendors, and local distribution partners.
- Support all operational areas of the stations and their various programming platforms: News, Digital, Sales, Creative Services and Community Investment.
- Actively participate in stations’ management staff meetings and weekly DOT calls with Division staff.
• BS in Engineering or equivalent experience.
• 5-10 years of proven Technology and Operational leadership experience.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Las Vegas, NV
• Willingness to travel and work outside standard hours, and on weekends with short notice
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Expert knowledge of news, operations, project management, broadcast production, technology, and finance
• Proven track record supporting a high-end news organization within a large market
• Must be a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively manage and delegate.
• Prior television station experience desired.
• Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Proven track record as a manager of large teams with strong ability to develop teams, leaders, and a positive culture of accountability.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and manage competing efforts and deadlines on a continuous basis.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.