Lead Software Engineer
NBCUniversal, Remote, Remote
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
In delivering the key responsibilities for the role, the Lead Engineer will:
- Own all aspects of technology related to the products built
- Work with Product owners to help define future technology architecture of the G1 Platform
- Mentor and coach other engineers to improve technical quality produced
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Work directly with business and technology leadership to manage end user expectations
- Set standards for code reviews to ensure quality and secure coding practices
- Create user stories, technical specifications, system documentation and other project deliverables
- Aid in planning product development and timelines
- Create proof of concepts and roadmap their path to mature products
- Lead teamwork in covering the full SDLC (Agile, Waterfall) as required
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
- Build trust and cooperation between technology and clients whether internal teams or external customers
- Participate in security governance for PCI and PII
- Undertale other role relevant duties as assigned
• 10+ years of technical expertise including recent experience architecting, designing and developing technology platforms using .NET (C#), ASP.NET, and Windows stack.
• 4+ years of experience with MS SQL Server, experience with NoSQL a plus
• 3+ years of experience gathering requirements using OO analysis techniques and tools
• Deep understanding of service-oriented architectures, and event driven patterns.
• Experience in modern Agile Methodologies (SCRUM and or Extreme).
• Experience tuning and optimizing web services that are consumed by diverse technologies
• Deep experience with technologies and patterns such as WebAPI,REST,SOAP,WCF,etc
• Experience in a collaborative, team-driven software engineering environment
• Team leader with strong analytical, problem-solving, and excellent communication skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
NBC Sports Next is where sports and technology intersect. We’re a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within our three groups: Youth & Recreational Sports; Golf; and Betting, Gaming & Emerging Media.
At NBC Sports Next, we make playing sports better through innovative technology and immersive experiences for athletes, coaches, players and fans. We equip more than 30MM players, coaches, athletes, sports administrators and fans in 40 countries with more than 25 sports solution products, including SportsEngine, the largest youth sports club, league and team management platform; GolfNow, the leading online tee time marketplace and provider of golf course operations technology; GolfPass the ultimate golf membership that connects golfers to exclusive content, tee time credits, and coaching, tips; TeamUnify, swim team management services; GoMotion, sports and fitness business software solutions; and NBC Sports Edge, a leading platform for fantasy sports information and betting-focused tools.
At NBC Sports Next we’re fueled by our mission to innovate, create larger-than-life events and connect with sports fans through technology that provides the ultimate in immersive experiences.
Come join us as we work together as one team to innovate and deliver what’s Next.
Golf fuses the team behind products and services like GolfNow, TeeOff and GolfPass, which better connects golfers and golf facilities around the world through innovative solutions like cloud-based golf course management and SmartPlay contactless technology and services that create optimum golfing experiences
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
The best bed for better sleep
Tech Jobs For You
Senior Engineering Manager, Student (Matches)
Handshake, San Francisco, CA or Los Angeles, CA or New York, NY or D...