Privacy Operations Analyst
NBCUniversal, New York, New York
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Privacy Analyst is a full-time position in NBCUniversal's Privacy Operations team and will provide support to the broader team within Strategic Business Operations with a focus on data privacy & governance. This role will be responsible for analyzing & documenting processes and procedures, identifying systems across the enterprise, and identifying any operational or compliance gaps against data models & controls. This role is highly collaborative, working across business and technology teams to establish a target vision aligned with business, legal, and IT needs.
- Support documenting of the data landscape to identify gaps related to operational and privacy controls against data models and NBCUniversal frameworks
- Support development, socialization, and execution of the privacy strategy
- Act as a centralized support function for Individual Rights Requests
- Support the design complex processes and ensure end-to-end process mapping
- Make recommendations to business process changes based on experience, analysis, and best practices
- Document project risks and issues; providing solutions where applicable
- Take ownership in facilitating and documenting collaborative working sessions with business and technical stakeholder and conducting following ups, as needed
- Support business model innovation and business process re-design/optimization to incorporate data governance
- Provide and apply methods and tools to drive effectiveness, efficiencies, and agility
- Assist with strategic projects, including developing compelling business cases, identifying future processes, creating user stories, and developing frameworks to calculate value
- Write or contribute to test scenarios and drive UAT planning and implementation and provided analysis and interpretation of results
- Provide advice on tooling and technology, including understanding capabilities and limitations
- Develop or contribute to cost analysis, design considerations, and implementation timelines
- Liaise with external 3rd party consultants and technology teams
- Assess scope and new enhancement requests, always with a view on the ROI for the business
- Managing program metrics and reporting
- Ad-hoc activities, as required
• Bachelor’s degree in business, technology or related field of study
• 3 years’ experience in related field
• Experience in Privacy regulations and industry standards, including GDPR, CCPA, CPRA, VCDPA, Apple Privacy, and IAB Standards
• Ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team, within pressure situations
• Goal-oriented, being able to conceptualize a project from start to finish; while managing short term milestones
• Experience writing business and functional requirements with specifications, including strong documentation skills
• Strong data analysis and reconciliation skills
• Ability to identify opportunities to solve business problems
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills required to interface with and influence cross-functional leaders, including senior stakeholders
• Competency in Microsoft applications, OneTrust, JIRA, and Confluence
• A curious mindset and willingness to challenge the status quo
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.