Staff Technical Project Manager
NBCUniversal, Remote, Remote
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
NBCUniversal has an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to become a Staff Technical Project Manager with a specific focus on supporting our Media Infrastructure Technology division. Media Infrastructure Technology supports enterprise technology, broadcast, and production systems globally across the NBCU portfolio.
The Staff Technical Project Manager will be responsible for the successful delivery of software and infrastructure engineering projects, as well as planning and executing in both waterfall and agile methodologies. This position requires strong communication, influencing, and negotiation skills. Must have a strong technical foundation and ability to quickly develop deep understanding of the strategic objectives.
- Serve as single point of contact for assigned programs/projects
- Serve as a thought leader and influencer within the PMO team
- Lead and manage multiple large programs and projects
- Apply varying methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall), types, and sizes, ensuring objectives and project deliverables are accomplished according to plan
- Effectively manage project scope, schedule, and budgets, while proactively identifying risks, issues, and dependencies
- Work directly with project sponsors and project owners to develop budget, scope, cost-benefit analysis, and level-of-effort assessments
- Communicate project expectations, risks, and escalations across all levels of the organization
- Coordinate and manage change control activities in adherence to PMO standards
- Effectively deliver successful programs/projects to completion on-time and within budget
- Provide input towards constantly improving processes with the intention of efficiency and automation
- B.S./B.A. degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ experience leading complex software or infrastructure projects
- Experience with project management tools such as Jira, ServiceNow, Clarizen
- Excellent organization and communication skills, as well as strong and consistent attention to detail
- Foundational understanding of software and infrastructure engineering technologies (compute, storage, network, database, cloud, DevOps, infrastructure as code, front/back-end development)
- Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to coordinate and influence team members from global teams with diverse backgrounds, business objectives, and time zone constraints
- Adaptable performer who can lead effectively under pressure and through significant change
- Ability and desire to continually learn about new technologies, project management methodologies, and adapt to ever-changing business and industry needs
- PMP or CSM certification
- Previous work experience within media entertainment industry
- Culture carrier with strong leadership skills to drive, deliver, develop and inspire
- Results-oriented with initiative to work until job is complete
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
- Willingness to travel, work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must be 18 years or older
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
See jobs at Bluecore
Tech Jobs For You
Senior Director, Graphics
Magic Leap, Inc., Seattle, WA; Sunnyvale, CA; Los Angeles; CA; Austin, TX; ...