Senior Software Engineer - NBC Sports Next
NBCUniversal, Remote, Remote
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
NBC Sports Next, a division of NBC Universal, is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to join our FinTech team.
The FinTech group specializes in centralizing the financial lifecycle of various NBC Sports properties to give our finance team a clear, concise, and common view of all transactions from beginning to end as well as extend our business workflows and processes to our customers across various platforms. We offer these capabilities to outside services: youth sports organizations, subscription services, and golf facilities around the world. We provide only the best equipment, offer competitive pay, great benefits, and the opportunity to know each day that you truly made a difference in the lives of sport participants around the world.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary.
- Develop highly interactive, user friendly, and feature rich applications.
- Work directly with Product Managers, Product Owners, User Experience, Quality Engineers, Principal Engineers, and Operations teammates to define, create, enhance, maintain, and deploy applications.
- Constantly use best practices by building APIs, creating and maintaining unit tests, applying modern frameworks and design patterns, actively reducing technical debt, and continuously delivering by merging/releasing consistently to the mainline branch.
- Complete complex tasks with minimal amount of oversight or supervision.
- Occasionally plan, design, and estimate software engineering efforts.
- Lead design and architecture discussions with other engineering teammates.
- Guide and contribute towards evolving the application architecture.
- Help others to learn and grow in their skills.
Our Technical Stack
- Git, TFS
- MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL
- Linux, Windows
- Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, and Serverless
• 6 or more years professional software development experience in TypeScript (node.js).
• 4 or more years professional software development experience in MS SQL, MySQL, or DynamoDB.
• 2 or more years experience with serverless architectures (such as the AWS offerings).
• Experience in a collaborative team environment delivering scalable, secure, and highly available SaaS applications.
• Experience working in a continuous integration environment.
• Ability to write high-quality, modular, maintainable, and secure code.
• Experience with testing best practices, including unit and integration tests.
• Ability to work well within a team environment and be self-starting and self-sufficient.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent training or experience.
• Experience with processing payments in a high-volume environment.
• Experience with payment facilitation integration (stripe / world pay).
• Experience with message broker software (ie RabbitMQ).
• Experience with .net core
• Experience with serverless computing
• Experience with docker / kubernetes
• Thrives in a collaborative team environment.
• Experience with RESTful APIs and HTTP protocols.
• Exhibits a deep respect for the craft, and values building software sustainably by using modern techniques and industry best practices.
• Experience breaking monoliths into domain specific micro services.
• Experience with object-oriented design, ability to apply software patterns, and consuming event-driven applications using REST APIs within a microservice architecture.
• Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate effectively with other teammates of different software disciplines and technical skill sets.
NBC Sports Next is where sports and technology intersect. We’re a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within our three groups: Youth & Recreational Sports; Golf; and Betting, Gaming & Emerging Media.
At NBC Sports Next, we make playing sports better through innovative technology and immersive experiences for athletes, coaches, players and fans. We equip more than 30MM players, coaches, athletes, sports administrators and fans in 40 countries with more than 25 sports solution products, including SportsEngine, the largest youth sports club, league and team management platform; GolfNow, the leading online tee time marketplace and provider of golf course operations technology; GolfPass the ultimate golf membership that connects golfers to exclusive content, tee time credits, and coaching, tips; TeamUnify, swim team management services; GoMotion, sports and fitness business software solutions; and NBC Sports Edge, a leading platform for fantasy sports information and betting-focused tools.
At NBC Sports Next we’re fueled by our mission to innovate, create larger-than-life events and connect with sports fans through technology that provides the ultimate in immersive experiences.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.