Technical Support Analyst
NBCUniversal, New York, New York
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms; to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We currently have exciting opportunities in our Workplace Experience TechOp’s organization. Providing break fix and hands on support for our business (including news & Entertainment etc.), the Technical Support Analyst role is a key component of keeping our iconic business running. The role demands exceptional customer service skills, excellent communication, demonstrable problem-solving skills, and a high technical acumen related to on-site desktop/laptop support. The environment is a blend of Dell, Microsoft Windows, Apple Laptops/Ipads & Mobile devices and other media related software applications.
The role is based on site with a shift rotation to support the business effectively. This is not a 24/7 role although some weekend work is required. You will be expected to demonstrate some flexibility over work times around weekends and holidays.
Who we are looking for:
- You will have a strong technical Desk Side support background from enterprise organizations. The Technical Support Analyst role is not an entry level position, this is very much a 2nd line support role. Demonstrable experience is required
- You will be a person who puts their customer first, someone who understands business priorities and the need to be efficient
- You will be target orientated, motivated by the challenge of meeting personal, team and business goals
- Collaboration is the key to success in this role and being able to collaborate with coworkers, team members and teams in the wider organization is essential
- Identify areas for improvement and share them with the Management team. At NBCU we are continually seeking opportunities to improve ourselves, our ways of working and the overall support experience. In return, there will be opportunities to participate in improvement initiatives and projects
- You will be passionate, operate with integrity and be highly motivated. At NBCU we like to think of our glasses being half full and the empty half is opportunity
• Minimum five (5) years/IT Desktop and PC Support experience working in large corporate environment
• Expert understanding of the core Microsoft products: Windows, Active Directory & MS Office Suite
• Must have extensive Apple software/hardware experience or be ACMT or ACSA certified
• Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds
• A creative thinker, there will be times when you will need to find the answer and determine the solution yourself and share it out with the wider team
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.